YM!

YourMother’s Fear IV Reviews: Pumpkin Spiced Fall Edition From The Crypt

5 minutes ago, Blankments said:

all your fave parts belong to basghetti man :(

I also liked

Spoiler

The spongebob joke.

Also BTW since I have read a film early, I might as well just add it now. @Spagheditary my Spark 3 reactions/reviews will flow through the day.

• Thanks 1

Sir Thymes Time 

As you all know I’m an avid animation lover. When doing CAYOM research during my first year in Y2, I read a shitton of old projects from the old one (Santa Claus, Numbers Star Wars, BDCU, Hand Drawn Heroes, 39 Clues, Narnia and Nirvana and it’s predecessor for example (forgot the name)) to find inspiration for writing ( @Spagheditary where’s my Hand Drawn Heroes) but this was one of my favorites. I was absolutely delighted when @Blankments bought it back from the grave. Some things are slightly changed but all and all my feelings are still the same: love. Toy Story brings us toys to life, Wreck It Ralph does games to life, Thymes does music to life and it’s just as good as them although it treads in a bit familiar water. The animation is lovely, the cast soars and McKay (thank you for helping the McKay revolution) shows his delightfully manic energy despite familiar beats to other animated films. This should dominate the holiday season as top animated movie. 

8.5/10.0

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Oh looks it’s the gold guys from GOTGv2 but with wings.

Also brainwashing time yay!

....not exactly. There’s more going on that won’t completely be explained until the next film, but I had a feeling that comparison was coming.

• Like 1

Jaws: The Return

Although not as exhilarating as other sequels of nostalgia past and some unlikeable characters, Jaws: The Return is easily the best Jaws sequel, offering the intense spine tingling as the first and audiences will love it.

6.5/10.0

I Am Omega: Part 1

Despite a strong performance by Hugh Jackman (just realized how much Odysseus is in the game this year, hell from June to July he has been in 4 films) and some cool visuals, Hot Shot Productions first tentpole squanders wasting Scott’s talents giving birth to a pretty by the numbers and lifeless adaptation. 

4.6/10.0

The Princess Diaries 3: The Royal Engagement 

Although not my personal cup of tea, and questions about the sudden PG-13 rating jump aside from one scene, this is still an entertaining film and fans of the first two Princess Diaries should be pleased. 

6.3/10.0

ThunderCats

Gold Cresent’s ThunderCats fails to reach the heights of the studios great 80’s toons adaptations (He Man, Street Sharks, the whole TTAFFBH, ReBoot, etc) as despite some cool visuals and action set pieces, fails to awe and will likely be a casualty in the July action blitz.

5.1/10.0

5a73f442f0dca.png

The Doppleganger

This movie is a cliched bore. 

3.8/10.0

Amulet II: The Last Council

Thankfully this isn’t an Our City: Growth. Even though Amulet II doesn’t reach the heights of its predecessor thanks to some overstuffing, it is still a very well done, extremely well written, beautifully animated film with the same captivating characters from the first. It definitely proves its worth. I do feel a slightly shorter runtime would help but I admire it as you don’t see much animated films to that sort of scale.

8.5/10.0

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1