Bluebomb

Intouchables OS - 409.0m!

The main problem regarding Intouchables and it's US release is of course the fact that the American audience has the image to despise all foreign movies in general -- subtitled or dubbed or whatseover doesn't matter...

Everyone of us was avoiding saying that not to sound prejudiced. :)

Yes we also have a really good dubbing system in France with pretty good voice actors.I think dubbing mostly has an "image" problem in the UK and in the US, not sure where it comes from. People just hate the idea. Which is a shame, maybe the US would be more receptive to foreigns movies if they were dubbed with American voices?

Yes we also have a really good dubbing system in France with pretty good voice actors.I think dubbing mostly has an "image" problem in the UK and in the US, not sure where it comes from. People just hate the idea. Which is a shame, maybe the US would be more receptive to foreigns movies if they were dubbed with American voices?

You assign a certain voice actor to a certain movie star preferable with a similar voice and keep that over all movies if possible. You need a good translation. I am wondering why they don't use CGI to alter the lip-movements following the dubbed text- that can't be that expensive anymore.

Yes exactly - it's surprisingly shocking when they change the usual voice actor for whatever reason. I remember the voice actors for the Friends cast went on strike back in the 90s, and they ended up replacing Rachel's "voice". It felt all kinds of wrong.

I am wondering why they don't use CGI to alter the lip-movements following the dubbed text- that can't be that expensive anymore.

Interesting idea. European filmmakers may want to look into it if they ever want to really break the American market. Or they could just hire American actors I guess, but I bet the CGI option is cheaper!

Funny thing is that the real good voice-actors usually dub more than one actor. So it can happen that the same va must dub 2 actors in one film - as happened with the german dub of "Expendables", where Thomas Danneberg had to speak Arnie as well as Sly. If they get John Travolta for Exp.3, - well - he's dubbing HIM too! He even did Bruce Willis once, but that was an exception.

Funny thing is that the real good voice-actors usually dub more than one actor. So it can happen that the same va must dub 2 actors in one film - as happened with the german dub of "Expendables", where Thomas Danneberg had to speak Arnie as well as Sly. If they get John Travolta for Exp.3, - well - he's dubbing HIM too! He even did Bruce Willis once, but that was an exception.

In Expendendables 5 German version it will be a monologue. :D

To get back on topic:Intouchables had a decent opening in Poland with 68.000 admissions, Nr.2 behind AP4 but in front of Titanic and other openers.In Spain it had 170.000 admissions, down 17% from Easter weekend BUT even a little up compared to the weekend before :blink: ! Those insane legs don't get any shorter ...

@Bluebomb concerning the title change: as far as I know Intouchables has already opened in Quebec April 13th on 42 screens with $325909 OW that is in N.AmericaIn the rest of NA it will open May 25thsource: http://www.unifrance.org/film/31884/intouchables/distribution?sort.property=dateSortie&page=0&sort.ascending=true

Edited by Rudolf

$5,652,331 weekend. $322,500,000 cume.

This is its lowest weekend yet. 24 weekends over $5M. God!

on BOM the designations of the weekends seem out of order: the movie opened Nov 2nd Edited by Rudolf