Bluebomb

Intouchables OS - 409.0m!

Very mixed reports from first day in Russia. Nearly sold out shows in some theaters and well below average in others. Also very bad time for shows in many theaters, particularly in regions. I failed to notice also that the movie is also available simultaneously on a paid Russian streaming service.

Very mixed reports from first day in Russia. Nearly sold out shows in some theaters and well below average in others. Also very bad time for shows in many theaters, particularly in regions. I failed to notice also that the movie is also available simultaneously on a paid Russian streaming service.

Russian streaming service?

Is that in the Ukraine for people speaking only Russian, because it is not dubbed in Russian?

Russian streaming service?Is that in the Ukraine for people speaking only Russian, because it is not dubbed in Russian?

No, it's for Russia only. Monthly subscription cost 300 RUB - slightly less than 10USD. They are trying to get more clients by making movies available very fast. Like just a month after theatrical release. Or even simultaneously like this time.In Ukraine it might be released with voice over or in some cities with russian dubbing. It's not legal thanks to this idiotic law but some theaters sometimes do that. Only with small independent releases though.

http://www.kinopoisk.../1/film/535341/Intouchables gets fantastic reviews from a Russian site ( some 10/10, one calling it the best movie of the start of the year) quite in contrast what American reviewers from Variety and Hollywod Reporter wrote.http://blogs.indiewi...ire-in-new-clip Edited by Rudolf

http://www.kinopoisk.../1/film/535341/Intouchables gets fantastic reviews from a Russian site ( some 10/10, one calling it the best movie of the start of the year) quite in contrast what American reviewers from Variety and Hollywod Reporter wrote.http://blogs.indiewi...ire-in-new-clip

Yes, people definitely like it. And it added more than 400 votes just tonight. Average grade even went higher to 8.870. But it's hard to tell how many of them illegally downloaded it and how many actually saw it in a theater. I have written about this film in every box office report since last november and so many people actually responded. Some were fascinated by fantastic box office grosses, some by equally fantastic reviews. I even wrote two articles expaining its success and phenomenon in Europe. I always tried to persuade people to go and see it on a big screen. To prove that our market is mature enough for a good movie. Not only for big, loud and dumb blockbusters. Unfortunately too many people didn't listen and went to torrents. As for others, our casual moviegoers still haven't got a clue about it.

The Maserati was a cool choice though, compared to the horrible product placement in Brosnan Bonds (BMW, Rover) or the Ducatis in nearly every action film of the last years - the Maserati didn't feel like product placement at all.

I am sure hundreds of people bought the Maserati after seeing the movie or atleast ate some Nutella.

<p>In the Netherlands it fiinished second in its 6th weekend only yielding to TA.<br />With 2.616.198 € in total it has surpassed AP4 and BS, perhaps it can also reach THG, that did really well there.</p>

Edited by Rudolf