Bluebomb

Intouchables OS - 409.0m!

4 french movies with most admissions outside France

Amelie (2001) : 23,1 m ; $33,225,499 DOM

March Of The Penguins (2005) : 20 m; $77,437,223 DOM

Asterix & Obelix Take On Caesar (1999) : 15,9 m; $1,644,060 DOM

The Intouchables (2011) 15 m, -----

Only March of the Penguins was dubbed in english (e.g. Morgan Freeman; narrative)

Edited by Rudolf

$5,652,331 weekend. $322,500,000 cume.

This is its lowest weekend yet. 24 weekends over $5M. God!

BOM must have atleast 2 different sources for information. Intouchables seems to have been 18th DOM with $0.3m and 4th in the Netherlands with $0.4m but does not figure in those statistics. yet the cume looks alright.

I think Intouchables can jog along with a few millions for quite while. If you advertise it with enumerating its BO numbers and awards a lot of people will get interested,the rest is WOM. Japan with its older population has a high potential.

BOM must have atleast 2 different sources for information. Intouchables seems to have been 18th DOM with $0.3m and 4th in the Netherlands with $0.4m but does not figure in those statistics. yet the cume looks alright.

BOM gets the weekend figure and the cume directly from distributor.

In most european countries it's Rentrak that delivers the numbers if I get it right. But I still have no idea how they get a precise worldwide cume with so many distributors. If they did sell foreign movie rights some distributors have no motivation at all to communicate their numbers.

In most european countries it's Rentrak that delivers the numbers if I get it right. But I still have no idea how they get a precise worldwide cume with so many distributors. If they did sell foreign movie rights some distributors have no motivation at all to communicate their numbers.

Who do you think reports the Dutch gross for BOM? (or the French Canadian)From whom do they get the cume?

Who do you think reports the Dutch gross for BOM? (or the French Canadian)From whom do they get the cume?

Dutch and Canada gross should be covered by Rentrak.Maybe it's the Weinsteins who decided to collect and communicate ALL other numbers because they have a vital interest in the movie. But I don't know.

I'm surprised there's no UK release date yet. French movies tend to do pretty well there.

even in French?Weinstein has all the rights for the English speaking world and China. I think they wait with their decision: remake or dub? As long as there is no English version on the Internet they have time. (What do the Russians pirate French or German versions with English Subtitles?)

I think this will do good numbers in Latin America.In Germany + Austria, it was weekend #15 and it had a 30% drop - but coming from a very strong Easter weekend. Compared to weekend #12 it lost just 1000 admissions - a drop smaller than 1%!

Gee, I finally figured out your avatar is from Young Frankenstein. ;)