Xillix

CAYOM YEAR 5 - ADVANCE SCHEDULE THREAD

8 minutes ago, Xillix said:

Fair enough, though I'd definitely classify most MCU movies as comedies, at least enough for third genre billing.

I just think it's an odd choice to put yours out on the same day as two other major releases that are geared more toward said date when the weekends before and after are pretty empty.

I have pretty big ambitions for it since it's sort of my next big thing after Voltron and Scavvy.

But I can put it on January 29th then.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

Honestly ME3 is probably not getting a new date at this rate since it's the one in my line-up I'm least interested in (and the only one I haven't even started on) and was only doing it for the cash, which given the slate I already have wasn't needed. I'll probably revisit it some other year.

Edited by cookie

25 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I fully expect Y5 to be the biggest year in CAYOM but also like what I guessing for 2019 I expect a lot of cannibalism amongst films. 

Again though if history's any guide a large portion of these films won't get made

• Like 1

Completely changed the release strategy for Rock & Roll Heart Attack.

Limited opening on November 12th, expansion to just-barely-not-wide release on the 19th, wide release on the 24th, wider release on December 3rd.

• Disbelief 1

3 minutes ago, cookie said:

You seemed so super adamant three days ago and then you move it anyway.

But yes move it to the 12th

TBH I want to debut a trailer at the Oscars and I just realized the Oscar Y4 ceremony happens AFTER that date. So... yeah.

On 11/4/2018 at 2:00 PM, Xillix said:

Friday, December 3rd

The Associates - Superhero/Noir - Ryan Coogler - IMAX

Rock & Roll Heart Attack - Superhero/Romance/Comedy - Bill Condon (Wider Expansion)

(However I doubt the two will kill each other as one is aiming to be a PG-13 big budget tentpole and the other is on its fourth expansion and a lower budget R rated romance drama.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • ...wtf 1

4 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

I think the move by Xillix was not a great one, since he did say Rock and Roll is heavily music-themed, so it would cause some friction with Heart's Song as well I would think

I doubt Heart’s Song would be a problem as again one is a PG rated animated movie aiming for families especially as it’s in a smaller expansion but rather Christmas Time Again could be a problem.

• Like 1

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I doubt Heart’s Song would be a problem as again one is a PG rated animated movie aiming for families especially as it’s in a smaller expansion but rather Christmas Time Again could be a problem.

True, but musically-inclined people who would be interested in both would face a bit of a choice

Just now, 4815162342 said:

True, but musically-inclined people who would be interested in both would face a bit of a choice

True but also apart from Mr Juul and maybe Christmas Time Again, there’s nothing really that appealing to the non action-non family crowd.