Alli

Golden Globes NOMINATIONS

5 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Interesting:

A lot of them must have seen Mary Poppins Returns already if it got nominated. Same counts for Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse I guess

Spider-Verse is 100% on RT right now. 

Mary Poppins has great reactions from social media so far.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

lol, some on nominees for best drama, Bohemian Rhapsody and Black Panther , sounds like mtv awards, i hope the hosts roast the globes

Are you for real?

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/black_panther_2018

Black Panther was incredibly well received critically. One of the highest of the year, in fact. 

11 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Spider-Verse is 100% on RT right now.

Yes, thanks, but it has 'only' 69 ratings so far, I am really wondering as the GG votig . circle (? term ? ) is so small in comparison to other well known awards

3 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Yes, thanks, but it has 'only' 69 ratings so far, I am really wondering as the GG votig . circle (? term ? ) is so small in comparison to other well known awards

The avg rating is 9/10. Don't see it dropping much even when more reviews come in. 

No idea about the GG voting though. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

there's like 90-100 people who vote for the golden globes and they all live in LA. probably easy for studios to set up screenings for them.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

The avg rating is 9/10. Don't see it dropping much even when more reviews come in. 

No idea about the GG voting though. 

I am only wondering bout how it got nominatd already, if GG ony has 93 voters and the movie has only 69 ratings at RT so far. As in how many of them must have suggested the movie so it will end s a nominated movie? More about the nomintion-technical details.

The Golden Globe Awards are accolades bestowed by the 93 members of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association beginning in January 1944,[1] recognizing excellence in film and television, both domestic and foreign.

Nominations and voting

Entry forms for films need to be received by the HFPA within ten days of the official screening. TV programs should be submitted "as early as possible" before the deadline.[9]

As part of their regular journalistic jobs, active HFPA members will participate in covering the press conferences, and interviewing cast members, of selected films and TV programs. The film press conferences need to take place either before the film's release in the Greater Los Angeles area or up to one week afterwards.[9]

Ballots to select the nominations are sent to HFPA members in November, along with a "Reminder List" of eligible film and TV programs.[10] Each HFPA member then votes for their top five choices in each category, numbering them 5 to 1, with 5 being their top choice. The nominees in each category are then the five selections that receive the most votes. The ranked voting is only used to break ties, with number 5 worth 5 points, number 4 worth 4 points, and so on.[9]

After the nominations are announced in mid-December, HFPA members receive the final ballots.[10] The winner in each category is selected from among the nominees by plurality voting. In case of a tie, the winner is the one that had the most votes on the nomination ballo

this is only to add information to the theme

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

there's like 90-100 people who vote for the golden globes and they all live in LA. probably easy for studios to set up screenings for them.

Thanks, I was just writing that, you were faster 😉

But if they did some screening, why are not more reviews at rt? = it's about the numbers of reviews / possibility to be involved GG voters in relation to RT

Just now, terrestrial said:

Thanks, I was just writing that, you were faster 😉

But if they did some screening, why are not more reviews at rt? = it's about the numbers of reviews / possibility to be involved GG voters in relation to RT

idk, some publications do wait until the week of release to publish reviews.

• Thanks 1