AniNate

The Good Dinosaur | Peter Sohn | BR/DVD release 2-23-2016 | Pixar's first BO flop

TF no way. It is going POTC4 way, locked and loaded.

Battle will be between TASM2 and Hobbit 3.

So you believe Hunger Games 3 will do less than those? Lol ok.

Edited by CJohn

THG3 is a part one film. It should be the lowest of the series.

Even if it is the lowest of the series, you seriously believe it will be low enough to let TASM2 and Hobbit 3 pass it? 

• Like 1

Of course. Hobbit is final chapter. All fans will return.

TASM2 has the best release date.

I think Hobbit has a chance, but it will be hilarious when TASM2 barely increases from the first DOM. I will bump all these posts like I did with WWZ.

ASM has too many advantages. The only way I can't see it increasing is if the film is a complete disaster

What advantages? I really don't get this shit and why it is so obvious that is going to increase. Is it because it opens in the first weekend of May? Thor opened with 65M in the first weekend of May and Iron Man 2 with 128M (when people were saying that would open with 150M+). Is it because of Jamie Foxx? Because the dude did 0 for White House Down. Is it because of no competition? Iron Man 2 dropped 60% on his 2nd weekend with no competition. Is it because of the first movie's WOM? Because WOM was not THAT good to guarantee such an increase. It won't even be the first superhero movie of the year. And some people are saying it has a chance of beating The Hunger Games 3 and The Hobbit 3? Just WTF are these people smoking? I will seriously love when this opens. It will be even more fun than when WWZ opened with 66M and showed Brad Pitt's power combined with a big blockbuster and triplicated WHD WW, when people were saying that WHD was going to double WWZ WW because of Tatum. 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

What advantages? I really don't get this shit and why it is so obvious that is going to increase. Is it because it opens in the first weekend of May? Thor opened with 65M in the first weekend of May and Iron Man 2 with 128M (when people were saying that would open with 150M+). Is it because of Jamie Foxx? Because the dude did 0 for White House Down. Is it because of no competition? Iron Man 2 dropped 60% on his 2nd weekend with no competition. Is it because of the first movie's WOM? Because WOM was not THAT good to guarantee such an increase. It won't even be the first superhero movie of the year. And some people are saying it has a chance of beating The Hunger Games 3 and The Hobbit 3? Just WTF are these people smoking? I will seriously love when this opens. It will be even more fun than when WWZ opened with 66M and showed Brad Pitt's power combined with a big blockbuster and triplicated WHD WW, when people were saying that WHD was going to double WWZ WW because of Tatum.

1. First weekend of May release (and week earlier overseas) First Thor is a poor comparison and you know it2. Much brighter look. Spider man looks less angry and brooding3. First movie was liked. Second movie can build on it. 4. No TDKR third weekend. X men opens Memorial Day which softens drops and doesn't have the family appeal of SM5. And the main thing. NO ORIGIN STORY!!!!!! This is a huge advantage. A lot of people skipped ASM Just for thatAn increase of 38m to 300m is totally doable. Edited by Robert Muldoon

1. First weekend of May release (and week earlier overseas) First Thor is a poor comparison and you know it

Two weeks earlier OS actually, it will get released on Easter weekend. First weekend of May didn't helped Iron Man 2 increasing over first movie. 

2. Much brighter look. Spider man looks less angry and brooding

We saw a Comic-Con trailer with terrible quality... and the final battle was clearly at night again. Also, he never looked angry in the first movie.

3. First movie was liked. Second movie can build on it.

For every The Dark Knight there is The Hangover 2, Taken 2, Star Trek Into Darkness...

4. No TDKR third weekend. X men opens Memorial Day which softens drops and doesn't have the family appeal of SM

Again, Iron Man 2 dropped 60% on his 2nd weekend with no competition, and I doubt TASM2 will be any better than the first movie (but I liked the first movie so I would be happy with that). Also, Godzilla is nothing now? Because of Pacific Rim's performance? Lol.

5. And the main thing. NO ORIGIN STORY!!!!!! This is a huge advantage. A lot of people skipped ASM Just for that

Really? Really?

An increase of 38m to 300m is totally doable.

You don't think having no origin story is an advantage?? Smh. Godzilla will likely not be a huge domestic performer. And we can't talk about 60% drops yet. Iron Man 2 is known to be disappointing. But really let's take this to the ASM thread Edited by Robert Muldoon