sfran43

Tuesday Numbers 1/22: Glass $3.81M

Crazy how Upside is now practically guaranteed to out-gross Night School at this point (barring any Oscar-boost for the nominees doesn't take people out of the way, there's no competition for the next 2 weeks). Great for Kevin Hart. 

edit: realized that it's also going to become STX's #2 film of all time behind Bad Moms

Edited by DAJK

Pro.BO's ITSV and AQM predictions for the weekend

Aquaman Warner Bros. $6,100,000 $315,200,000 -40%
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Sony / Columbia $6,000,000 $168,900,000 -21%

If AQM is expected to add 15-20 more after the weekend for 330-335 dom, ITSV with it's much superior trending can be expected to add 20-25 after the same weekend as AQM. That gives it 189-194 dom. :o (that's if ITSV can drop just 20% odd this weekend).

Edited by a2k
  • Astonished 1

2 hours ago, Slambros said:

Now, I have a question:

Does the Tuesday Numbers thread eventually become the Weekend Numbers thread?

It seems like that would be the case, but I figured I'd make sure. I should probably know this by now.

there's a thread each for mon, tue, wed and thu, and a weekend thread combining fri, sat and sun.

as wed numbers come in a new thread will be started and this thread will be archived by mods https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/forum/76-numbers-and-data/

EDIT: wed thread 

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, terrestrial said:

15 minutes ago

While inflation gave way to a record-breaking $11.8B at the domestic box office, admissions tells the real story--aka the reel story--with 1.3B tickets sold, it was the 4th lowest in the last 23 years. Remember, 2017 w/ 1.23B sold, was the lowest admissions in 25+ years.

I wish we got admissions for every movie, every week. Far more interesting, and would put the current records-mania into some much needed perspective.

• Like 1