PatrickvD

The Pixar Club

I hope Pixar sticks to one film a year, at least as much as possible. There's no need to rush out multiple like DWA, which has 4 scheduled for 2015, thats just too much. I know money is involved, but i feel like 1 a year keeps a better focus at the company and that same old Pixar novelty- if they start releasing 2-3 movies a year, it wont really be an event, at least IMO.

I hope Pixar sticks to one film a year, at least as much as possible. There's no need to rush out multiple like DWA, which has 4 scheduled for 2015, thats just too much. I know money is involved, but i feel like 1 a year keeps a better focus at the company and that same old Pixar novelty- if they start releasing 2-3 movies a year, it wont really be an event, at least IMO.

It's not just about money, it's about a bunch of different ideas springing up that they feel are worth getting out there. No one wants to be waiting more than a decade for their great idea to get the green light. The company is expanding and has the capacity to churn out multiple great films without stressing themselves out.

I believe that Disney wants Pixar to release 2 animated films per year. I understand your concern over quality and novelty, but I don't think it's an issue for Pixar. Disney hasn't rushed any Pixar projects. They have focused on 3D conversions for the second Pixar release each year until Pixar has two quality animated films to release in a year. This is why Brave was the only new Pixar release this year, while Finding Nemo was re-released in 3D.As for novelty, there are already too many animated films released every year b/c so many studios are making computer animated films. Pixar holding back on releasing a second quality film will not change that. As long as Pixar isn't rushing any of their projects, then I think Pixar should release 2 animated films per year if they have them.DWA has 2 problems that Pixar doesn't have. Their first is that they are only an animation studio so their entire financial well being is based on how their animated films perform. Pixar on the other hand is a division of Disney, so they aren't under the same pressure to produce hit after hit.The second DWA problem is that they don't have the creativity that Pixar has. DWA really had 2 good ideas: Shrek and Kung Fu Panda, and both have run their course. Pixar has many quality ideas, so they have a lot of stories to tell. Therefore, they won't have the problem that DWA has where DWA is trying desperately to reclaim what they had with Shrek and Kung Fu Panda. Pixar has some interesting original ideas and some sequels/prequels to other hit animated films.Pixar has the talent and ability to release 2 animated films per year, so it makes sense to allow them to do so when the films are ready to be released. There is a lot in the Pixar pipeline.

Pixar also has some real personality behind the scenes. Their films may not always be perfect, but there is a unique passion behind each and every one of them (yes, even Cars 2). Seriously, can anyone remember off the top of their heads who directed Bee Movie? Dreamworks' directors tend to be rather anonymous and rarely reach the level of intrigue and fandom that Pixar's individual helmers do.

I think Pixar would do two films in a year if Disney didnt release a film from WDA in a certain year. The only other studio that releases more than one animated film apart from Dreamworks is Sony although that includes hybrids like The Smurfs and the films from Aardman.

Edited by Jonwo