Ezen Baklattan

Spaghetti Kitchen: Quinquennial Edition (Guess My Top 25!)

26 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

I'll probably be taking a page out of @cookie's book and pull a Voltron with the series (diverging from the plotline of the series so it pretty much becomes its own thing) given that the series is far from being over at this point and the second season of the anime is just now coming out within the next three weeks. I already have it mapped out in my head where the series is gonna go––there'll probably 2-3 more films after this one. 

Considering the negative buzz season 2 is getting, this is a smart choice

1 hour ago, Rorschach said:

I'll probably be taking a page out of @cookie's book and pull a Voltron with the series (diverging from the plotline of the series so it pretty much becomes its own thing) given that the series is far from being over at this point and the second season of the anime is just now coming out within the next three weeks. I already have it mapped out in my head where the series is gonna go––there'll probably 2-3 more films after this one. 

Good to know you're realizing this now and not have it be a slow moving car crash like what I went through.

Edited by cookie

24 Hours

Spoiler

Some things in life are constant. Death, Taxes, and @4815162342 delivering a damn fine crime thriller in CAYOM each year.

I did have a full review for this that ended up getting deleted by my own idiocy, but know this. It's a damn fine thriller that fires on all cylinders, especially in its ensemble, screenplay, and editing. Teller is brilliant in this as the film moves between two narratives of the rise and fall of his criminal life in NYC, as does Coon as the FBI agent prying information out of him. My only complaint is that I wanted more of Kaluuya. Otherwise, this is a damn fine flick.

Spoiler

A-/A

Image result for cher tweets

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spaghetti said:

Did you change Orton's gender from 2.0? Because Richard Jenkins seems to play her? Also the summary says that Olivia Cooke plays Marie.

Wait I thought I changed those..... I'm like 99% sure I did.

Just now, 4815162342 said:

Ok I missed Jenkins.

But it says Ridley right in the beginning. Unless I missed one later on.

It did, but Cooke was also mentioned in the text. 

She introduces herself as Marie (Cooke) and she is a law clerk with the firm. The two talk for a little and seem to hit it off.

4 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

It did, but Cooke was also mentioned in the text. 

She introduces herself as Marie (Cooke) and she is a law clerk with the firm. The two talk for a little and seem to hit it off.

Can you fix this :kitschjob:

The Unbelievable Squirrel Girl

Spoiler

@YourMother the Edgelord knows that his strength and specialty genre lies in the fun and wacky action flicks, as well as the more heartfelt animated flicks. Thus, we see that he's playing to his strengths in this flick, and it definitely shows!

Anna Kendrick is a shining star in the lead role, selling her more comedic aspects while making her a multi dimensional character above all else. Her arc of finding out who she is and where she belongs felt touching and relatable, but she's also joined by a cast of fun and exciting characters. Allow me to channel my inner cookie say that Taissa Farmiga was my favourite character. It was a good choice to swap out Vera Farmiga, although she still deserves some love in this game. Stan Lee is a hoot in an entire villain role to himself, and I forsee another YM clutch win over Ryan Gosling. (Hopefully not, but I guess I'll allow it. But SERIOUSLY VOTE FOR GOSLING PLS)

Okay I should shut up.

The story doesn't feel full of surprises, but has some really funny moments. The animatronic song in particular was quite hilarious. All in all, it's a witty fun comedy, but ultimately will win audiences over with its sincerity and heart, helping it stand out amongst other superhero comedies. Audiences should go NUTS for this.

Spoiler

B+

Image result for cher tweets

BTW I owe you big time for not completing my pre-read of this.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

The Unbelievable Squirrel Girl

Hide contents

@YourMother the Edgelord knows that his strength and specialty genre lies in the fun and wacky action flicks, as well as the more heartfelt animated flicks. Thus, we see that he's playing to his strengths in this flick, and it definitely shows!

Anna Kendrick is a shining star in the lead role, selling her more comedic aspects while making her a multi dimensional character above all else. Her arc of finding out who she is and where she belongs felt touching and relatable, but she's also joined by a cast of fun and exciting characters. Allow me to channel my inner cookie say that Taissa Farmiga was my favourite character. It was a good choice to swap out Vera Farmiga, although she still deserves some love in this game. Stan Lee is a hoot in an entire villain role to himself, and I forsee another YM clutch win over Ryan Gosling. (Hopefully not, but I guess I'll allow it. But SERIOUSLY VOTE FOR GOSLING PLS)

Okay I should shut up.

The story doesn't feel full of surprises, but has some really funny moments. The animatronic song in particular was quite hilarious. All in all, it's a witty fun comedy, but ultimately will win audiences over with its sincerity and heart, helping it stand out amongst other superhero comedies. Audiences should go NUTS for this.

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Did you like the Bounty Hamster cameo?