Ezen Baklattan

Spaghetti Kitchen: Quinquennial Edition (Guess My Top 25!)

1 minute ago, Spaghetti said:
  Hide contents

Okay I'm sorry but I really like comparing Aloth and Iselmyr to Kristoff and Sven.

Not the worst comparison

Spoiler

Since really in the end all Iselmyr wants is for Aloth to be more assertive and proactive, even if she's not great at expressing empathy

Pillars of Eternity: Never Far From The Queen

Spoiler

Sometimes, when I play this game, I can be a bit of a little shit. Case in point, I literally took ages to pre-read the first film for numbers. And let me say, it was kind of an overwhelming amount of stuff to take in. Definitely one of the densest films in the game. I still was intrigued by the lore and dug the characters, and I had hope that when he did a sequel, they would be operating on an advantage. Is that the case?

Let's break it down.

Thankfully, it's actually a much breezier and more streamlined read. It's definitely stuffed to the brim, maybe a bit too much, but Miguel Sapochnik does a good job of keeping the focus where it needs to be. While not many of the supporting heroes beside Aloth (who may be the MVP of the cast thanks to Iwan Rheon's great performance) get a whole lot of development, including some of the newer allies, they still all get moments of charm and a chance to shine radiantly. Unfortunately, we don't get a Colin Farrell size villain, but Boyd Hollbrook does a good job of bringing the smarmy douchiness to Urgeat that [REDACTED]. Of the new characters, I may actually say that I was the biggest fan of the warthm, heart, and skill of Sagani.

All in all, the more streamlined plot makes the plot more interesting to follow. I think more could have been done with the alt-right allegory, but it comes to a satisfyingly despicable point in the climax, and the reveleations and surprises on their journey are always compelling. It takes skill to keep a story intriguing of this length, but the filmmakers do pull it off.

Ultimately? I actually think it's an improvement over the first, even if not all the elements shine quite as brightly. There's a clear, truly enjoyable product in here that sets the table for a truly exciting third chapter. Thanks for another spellbindig adventure, Numerator Productions!

Spoiler

A- (compared to a B+ for The Hollow Vale)

Image result for cher tweets

• Like 3

@Spaghetti thanks a good bunch

Spoiler

The alt-right stuff is not done, since Negan is ready for war.

And well, let's just say when we get to Eir Glanfath in Film 3 we'll have our own set of isolationist racist assholes there too.

The big non-Sarana character arcs of that film I intend to have are Hiravias, Durance, and Pallegina, with Eder also featuring a good bit as the non-racist Dyrwood guy trying to slow the roll of the Neganites. Plus whatever is going on with Rebecca Ferguson (which is a change from the game that I am very nervous about pulling off)

Now it is just a matter of having all the plot threads come together with the right payoff after two films of foundation.

But also now having read both films, I think you can imagine my "Hmmmmmmmmmm" when reading some parts of Scavvies 2. Cook and I shared some brainwaves.

17 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

I'm feeling double generous.

The elements that worked really worked. It had me excited for even more stories.

@Rorschach @cookie

Hide contents

Bump my TSW2 grade to an A-/A

Much gracias my good sir.

I'm guessing me not going Spark 3 on BH2 helped make the decision a bit.

So here’s how it’ll work:

I’ll drop clues for 25-6 tonight. They’ll be in the form of a logic puzzle, broken up into 4 sets of 5 films, including a random assortment of rankings. Each set will have 5 clues. None will be easy.

I will also reveal 4 films from 25-6, chosen randomly. I will then reveal one more film in this set of 20 at various points tomorrow. You have to guess the rest of the way.

More tonight.

SpaghettiKitchen.com Presents

THE MYSTERY OF THE MIGHTIEST

--A TOP 25 STORY--

Lucky for @cookie, I'll nix the awards. We'll get underway very soon. But first, I have to announce 10 dubious films and 5 admirable films:

THE GARBAGE REALM

The 8 Worst Films of Y5

*The highest grade a film received to be on this list was a C-, so I didn't necessarily HATE everything on this list. No Fs were given this year.

Spoiler

Conventional Wisdom

Gold Diggers

An Odd Road Trip

Peak

The Study

The Trick-Or-Treater

Up the Butt

Wii Sports

THE DECENT REALM

Honorable Mentions

Spoiler

BYTEREALM

@Xillix

THE DROWSY CHAPERONE

@Blankments

SABRINA

@Slambros

THIS IS NOT A GAME

@4815162342

TRAIN 38

@Spaghetti

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Here comes the fun part.

You'll get 4 sets of five numbers between 6 and 25. Given the clues, guess which film falls in what position. 1-5 will be revealed separately.

SET #1:

Spoiler

Clues

• Two of these films were written by the same person. They are also in consecutive numbers in this set.
  • Two of the films in this set are films that I changed my grade for after my initial review.
  • Two films in this set came out on the same weekend, which was in the second half of the year.
  • Two different users with honorable mentions have at least one film in this set.
  • I have already reviewed all of these movies.

SET #2:

Spoiler

Clues

• Two of these films were originally released in CAYOM 2.0. However, they were not written by the same person.
  • Three films in this list would be playing at most theaters over Christmas break.
  • @Rorschach has one - and only one - film in this set.
  • I have already reviewed the highest ranked 3 films in this set.
  • This set has three PG-13 ratings. The other two films are either PG or R. Maybe both are one or the other?

SET #3:

Spoiler

Clues

• This is the only set that films I wrote appear on. That said, I do have three films in this set.
  • @4815162342 wrote the lowest ranked film in this set.
  • Only one film in this list is PG-13.
  • Two animated films appear in this set.

SET #4:

Spoiler

Clues

• Two of these films are one word titles that refer to a character's name.
  • Three users are represented in this set. If a user has multiple films in this set, they have consecutive rankings (e.g. User 1 can have films at 13 and 17, but not 13 and 20.)

• This set contains the earliest release in the year to make my list.

• Two of these films have an extremely similar aspect to their endings...and the user who wrote them knows this. ;) 

• @YourMother the Edgelord's dong expanded to one film in this set.

Good luck. :)

• Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1