Eric Duncan

Honey Boy l November 8, 2019 l Amazon l Written by and stars Shia LaBeouf, (NOT) based on his own childhood l Lucas Hedges is Shia too

3 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Is there something unique about Shia's childhood that should make me want to see this?

So, LaBeouf was abused by his father, and LaBeouf wrote the script and is acting as the father as an act of catharsis. Many of the events in the film are supposed to be semi-autobiographical.

• Like 1

Shia has said a lot of really stupid things in his time, but imo, you can't deny his acting ability.  He's a phenomenal actor.  If this gets a theatre release, I'll see it.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Slambros said:

So, LaBeouf was abused by his father, and LaBeouf wrote the script and is acting as the father as an act of catharsis. Many of the events in the film are supposed to be semi-autobiographical.

Gotcha. Just realized my original post came off a bit snarky but that wasn't my intent. I was legitimately curious why he wanted to embark on a film about his past. Good for him. This must have been quite difficult.

• Like 1