Impact

Crowd Reports Thread

Regal Mystery Movie (Sisu)

4/17 7:00 PM

Probably around 40-45%. The least crowded Mystery Movie I've been to.

Trailers:

The Machine (Red Band Trailer) (some chuckles)

The Blackening 

Strays (Red Band Trailer) 

Joyride (Red Band Trailer)

Hypnotic 

When the title card for Sisu came on a few people cheered and applauded. Somebody said "this is going to be awesome". Most of the moments with the gore got reactions, but there was one in particular that grossed a lot of people out. 2 people walked out 45 minutes in. Audience was into it. Movie was decent.

Beau is Afraid 

11:00 AM 4/22

11 people.

Trailers:

The Flash

Polite Society

The Boogeyman

Talk to Me

There was laughter at quite a few moments. An older guy in a group of three was laughing the hardest out of anyone in the theater. There was one particularly gory moment that got a rise out of the audience. When the credits rolled everyone except one person just sat in silence until the very end of the credits which I've never seen happen before. 

Chevalier

12:40

Me and one other person. He came in halfway through the first trailer.

I mean, they showed it this time, so props there.

Trailers:

Dial of Destiny

(Here, there is about a minute of a blank screen. This is the same thing that happened Friday, but eventually, we got back on track)

Little Mermaid

Oppenheimer

Blue Beetle of all things

About My Father (Which is something I've never heard of)

Love Again

The other dude ate his popcorn loudly. That was really all the crowd reaction we had.

Guy Ritchie's The Covenant 

4/25 7:15 PM

Small theater. 16 people.

Trailers:

Are You There God, It's Me Margret (chuckles)

Polite Society

The Boogeyman

Talk To Me 

Two women keep whispering throughout a lot of the movie. Another woman behind me would always gasp anytime someone got killed. Laughs at a couple of moments. Everyone seemed to enjoy it.

Somewhere in Queens

4/26 4:20 PM. 

3 People.

Trailers:

About My Dad

Big George Foreman

Indiana Jones

Fast X

The elederly woman sitting in front of me was laughing like it was the funniest movie she'd ever seen.

Regal Monday Mystery Movie (Hypnotic)

7:00 PM 5/2

80% Full. Slightly larger crowd compared to the last couple mystery movies I've been to. 

Trailers:

The Flash

About My Father

Oppenheimer 

The Machine

The Boogeyman

During the trailers some couple started arguing with two teens for sitting in their assigned seats. One person walked out when it was revealed the movie was Hypnotic. Some dude walked in during the first five minutes and dropped something in his seat and proceeded to turn on his flashlight to find it. Girl in front of me spent the whole movie texting on her phone. There was some unintentional laughter during the second half of the movie at a few scenes. older couple near me kept laughing and making snarky remarks. There were some chuckles when it ended, but at least half of the theater stayed all the way until the end of the credits. Heard a lot of people saying it was dumb on the way out, but a kid with his mom said it was awesome. 

Overall, the audience sucked and the movie also sucked.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3.

5/4 7:00 PM Dolby Atmos

85% Full

Trailers:

Elemental

Spider Man Across the Spiderverse

The Marvels

Oppenheimer

Lots of laughs at the comedic comments. Quite a bit of sniffles at a couple scenes and at the end. Everyone stayed for the end credit scenes. Good flick!

• Like 1

Blackberry

5/13 12:15 PM 

7 people. Small auditorium.

Trailers:

No Hard Feelings

About My Father 

Past Lives

Asteroid City

Some chuckles throughout. Everyone seemed to enjoy it. 

Fool's Paradise

5/14 10:55

Only person in the whole theater.

Trailers:

No Hard Feelings (Red Band)

Strays (Red Band)

The Flash

About My Father

Joyride (Red Band)

I chuckled once or twice, but otherwise was pretty bored. Movie sucked.

Regal Mystery Movie (Kandahar)

5/16 7:00

80% Full

Trailers:

The Boogeyman

Asteroid City

Sight

The Equalizer 3

Even with a pretty full audience there was almost no reaction at all during the movie. A lot of people getting up to use the bathroom about halfway through. 1 person walked out. When it ended it seemed like people for the most part thought it was alright?

Fast X

5/21 2:45 PM

4DX. 70-75% Full

Trailers:

Transformers

The Blackening

Dune Part 2

Strays

Five Nights at Freddys

Indiana Jones (4DX)

Oppenheimer (Played after 4DX trailers started but had no effects)

Lots of people came in late. I'm talking like at least 15 people and some we're rolling in like 20 minutes into the movie. The audience was eating it up and seemed like everyone had seen all the previous movies and knew what to expect. I've seen plenty of movies in 4DX and this was by far the most intense so a lot of the effeccts got big reactions from everyone when they were at their most intense. There was lots of laughs at the more crazy action scenes and jokes. One guy would laugh hard and applaud at the more "unrealistic" moments. 

Spoiler

Advanced screening of The Little Mermaid in Miami. Completely sold out theater of around 200 people.

Trailers

Haunted mansion

The marvels

Wish

Indiana Jones

Elemental 

Audience loved the movie. Mostly adults with a few teens. Every Melissa McCarthy scene got an applause. Lots of laughs for Daveed and Awkwafina. Audience clapped during most of the musical numbers. The audience clapped the last full 5 minutes of the movie especially when Halle and Melissa’s names came on the credits. 80% of the audience sat through the credits.

Shocked at how much the audience loved the movie especially considering I live in a majority Russian, Jewish and white Latino upper scale community in Miami.

AMC  gave everyone a poster while leaving the movie. One side of the poster offered 15% of the vinyl version of the soundtrack.

Edited by joselowe
  • Like 2
  • Heart 1

The Little Mermaid

3 PM

Still some families there, school doesn't get out here until tomorrow.

• Barbie (New trailer from this morning)
  • Elemental
  • Trolls 3
  • Hunger Games 5
  • The Marvels
  • Wish

These people thought Scuttle and Sebastian were the best parts.

• Like 1

Into The Spiderverse full

Trailers:

Flash

Elemental

Grand Turismo

Beetle 

The audience loved the movie, applauses for the surprise cameos and the cool graphic surprises. Ending got an applause but people screamed about the cliffhanger. As usual people came dressed as Spider Man

Edited by joselowe

Spider Man: Across The Spiderverse

3:30 PM Dolby Atmos

Around 30-35% Full.

Trailers:

Ruby Gilman

Migration

Elemental

Teenage Mutnant Ninja Turtles 

Decent amount of laughs at the comedic moments. Some whispering among people at certain references. Positive comments leaving. Many people seemed dissapointed there wasn't an end credits scene.

The Machine

11:30 AM

10 people. Small theater

Trailers:

Indiana Jones

The Equalizer 3

Oppenheimer 

Strays

Only some chuckles during the first half, but as the movie went on there were more laughs from the audience. The bloody/gross out moments got the biggest reactions from the crowd. Seemed like the few people that were there were fans of Kreischer and familar with his podcast and stand up.