spizzer

Discussion Thread

I figured it would be nice to have a thread to just post thoughts, discuss whatever, have an active debate, etc.Might help keep other, unrelated threads from being derailed...

Edited by spizzer

Watching DH1 on HBO Family right now (DH2 premieres Saturday night on HBO) and I just now realized that Catelyn Stark (aka Michelle Fairley) played Hermione's mother.I looked at her face and went "heyyyyy.... wait a minute *runs to imdb* "

Watching DH1 on HBO Family right now (DH2 premieres Saturday night on HBO) and I just now realized that Catelyn Stark (aka Michelle Fairley) played Hermione's mother.I looked at her face and went "heyyyyy.... wait a minute *runs to imdb* "

Omg you are right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :excited:

Just watched GOF. Severely underrated by some.Yes, it's a bit choppy at times, but I hardly even notice anymore. It's probably the most entertaining Potter movie; you just can't deny that, as well as being, quite possibly, the funniest. I'm always in stitches with Ron and his crazy antics. No wonder this movie is so popular with the mainstream... more so than a lot of the others.I also forgot how emotional it is when Harry brings Cedric back and the father is bellowing over his dead body. It's heart wrenching.Oh, and the score. Brilliant.

Edited by Heretic

Just watched GOF. Severely underrated by some.Yes, it's a bit choppy at times, but I hardly even notice anymore. It's probably the most entertaining Potter movie; you just can't deny that, as well as being, quite possibly, the funniest. I'm always in stitches with Ron and his crazy antics. No wonder this movie is so popular with the mainstream... more so than a lot of the others.I also forgot how emotional it is when Harry brings Cedric back and the father is bellowing over his dead body. It's heart wrenching.Oh, and the score. Brilliant.

It's VERY choppy at times. It's not that funny. Half-Blood Prince is by far and away the funniest Potter film. Score is wonderful, though. Cedric's father sobbing over his son is emotional, but can often be offset from Radcliffe's atrocious acting. "He's BHACK, Vholdemort's BHACK. UHUHHUUUU. I couldn't leaaaave him."His performances improved immensely after that film, thank God.

No no no. It's funnier than HBP. All the things with Ron and the Yule Ball. It's hilarious.

Come on, Harry wasn't that bad during that scene, but honestly, I was paying more attention this his fathers cries.

Upon this viewing, which is actually the first time I've seen it in quite a while, I thought Radcliffe played Potter really well.

It did leave out a LOT from the book though. I wish they focused more on the characters, rather than the action. And why did they dwell so much on Cho/Harry's relationship? It wasn't even that major in the book...