cannastop

The Boy and the Heron | Hayao Miyazaki | Studio Ghibli | GKIDS | NA Debut at TIFF | WINNER OF THE OSCAR FOR BEST ANIMATED FEATURE

2 hours ago, cannastop said:

There seems to be a very slow trickle of theaters selling tickets... but when will more theaters offer them?

it's not up on AMC yet, but there is a small theater near me that is somehow showing it starting the 22nd

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

If ever there was a holiday season for something like this to be a big surprise breakout, it’s certainly this one. If audiences are asking “where are the good movies??” this holiday... 

Hmm I guess so.

If Napoleon bombs maybe this has a chance. I don't think it will get the family audience that Wish and Trolls 3 will get because this movie is PG-13.

• Like 1

• Like 2
  • Astonished 2

3 minutes ago, harrisonisdead said:

Looks like there are also (Alamo Drafthouse only, I think?) screenings on December 6th, a day before Thursday previews but after the Dec 4 IMAX screenings and the Nov 22 NY/LA screenings. Interesting rollout they've got here.

I guess it was easier to find their audience in Alamo Drafthouse moviegoers, because none of the Dec 4 IMAX screenings near me have sold a single ticket but all of these later Alamo screenings (which just went up) seem to be almost sold out. Probably just people gravitating towards the more affordable option, I guess.

On 11/7/2023 at 6:55 PM, cannastop said:

There seems to be a very slow trickle of theaters selling tickets... but when will more theaters offer them?

I live in sticksville cahoots but bigger cities (Tallahassee, Destin, Pensacola) already have tickets. So at least my city will get it closer to release day (Probably like..Wednesday before, if tickets for Green Knight were anything to go by)

they would be doing this movie a great disservice if they don't release it with a decent amount of showtimes in at least 2500 theaters (more than suzume). It's literally the only release that weekend and has a good chance of being #1 over Wish

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1