Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

On Saturday at my local cinema for children there is:FrozenFrozen sing-a-longMr Peabody and Sherman 2DMr Peabody and Sherman 3DFree birds 2DFree birds 3DLego movie 2DLego movie 3DNot many at allRobocop and Lego getting a lot of times. Peabody ok amount of times, Dallas buyers club has quite a bit of showitmes

Looks like Rama is fighting his way back to the UK In April. The Raid 2 has got a date at long last of April 11th. A week before spiderman and 2 weeks after captain America. Can it go as wide as The Raid did back in 2012? Granted it came out during a dry May but I've never seen a foreign film go as wide as that did straight off the bat.

We are what we are will have a limited release on 28th FebruaryParanoia will be released here 7th March (only 7 months after its American release)Captain America will have previews on the 26th and 27th of MarchThe two faces of January is out on the 2nd May in key citiesSabotage and the wind rises will be released on 9th MayHeli will be release in keys cities on 23 mayLegends of oz: Dorothy's return will get a wide release on 23 May

Edited by Mean girlsFilms

Peabody had about 20 people at my 2pm screening. Seeing as that was 3D, it wasn't a bad turnout. I Feel for Dreamworks here, PB&S is a good film, very funny in places, in ways that the kids won't get, but Lego is just looming so big on the horizon. There is so much buzz for itthat Peabody has no chance to compete. It's previews plus OW will likely be beaten by Lego's previews alone!

Lego's opening with previews could hit $10m imo. Gonna be very big, kids are thirsty, there hasn't been an animated movie since the beginning of December. Plus, it's getting later shows than most kids films which suggests it's catering to a wider audience, too.

Peabody will still do good business over half term, though.

Wreck it Ralph last year did £4.5m so Lego I think should be able to beat that, anything over £5m would be fantastic but it doesn't really need a huge OW since half term will will likely boost both Lego and Mr Peabody and Sherman. Think Dreamworks and Fox underestimated Lego when they scheduled Peabody but I think they didn't want it to clash with Rio 2 which is a Fox film as well.

sarah allen ‏@sarah19allen  1h

#RoboCop opened to £646k last night to become top of the UK market! #yes #comeonweekendno1 pic.twitter.com/VK6D8vrw05

Pretty good, could manage close to £2m, maybe a bit over.

Today, however, will be dominated by animations. It looks like Lego Movie and Peabody will be able to co-exist. Both look very busy, in some place Peabody actually looks busier.

Frozen's got less showtimes now, but it's still doing really well. 

Edited by Heretic

Pretty good, could manage close to £2m, maybe a bit over.

Today, however, will be dominated by animations. It looks like Lego Movie and Peabody will be able to co-exist. Both look very busy, in some place Peabody actually looks busier.

Frozen's got less showtimes now, but it's still doing really well. 

Go Mr.Peabody !