Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Yeah I thought so...Hastings can't be that bad! :lol:

We get in excess of 30,000 bikers come down every may day, parking their bikes everywhere. We also have the Jack in the Green festival which most of the town joins in with and get hammered because of. May Day will be it's weakest day until week four most likely.

Excluding Potter, I think that's the biggest 4-day opening of all time, in pounds.

11th , 7 of the HP's, 2 Shreks and a Toy Story, remebering the UK alsways include any preview results etc in OW weekend and records Edited by Rth

Great increase!Can TDKR beat this opening? The hype should be greater, but it only has 3-day.

I'm not quite sure anymore. I doubt it'll get to £16m in 3 days. In admissions it might beat it, but for the 3 day, £13-15m is more likely. We'll see though. We were only expecting £10-12m for TA and look what it did...

I'm not quite sure anymore. I doubt it'll get to £16m in 3 days. In admissions it might beat it, but for the 3 day, £13-15m is more likely. We'll see though.We were only expecting £10-12m for TA and look what it did...

So I guess TDKR will be higher compared to TA Fri-Sun and lower compared to TA Thurs-Sun.Which movie do you see finishing with higher total?

So I guess TDKR will be higher compared to TA Fri-Sun and lower compared to TA Thurs-Sun.Which movie do you see finishing with higher total?

Avengers made £13.3m Fri-Sun, so probably yeah.Probably TDK as it has summer weekdays. However, it also has the olympics. It should do over £50m though, and TA will probably do £40-45m

The Avengers is the first big film to come out in a while since The Hunger Games and it's been building up since Iron Man, it's impressive considering that neither Thor or Captain America did as good compared to Iron Man. I knew it was going to do well but not this good.The Dark Knight Rises should do well, its OW may fall short of Avengers as it's only got IMAX but I'm still expecting over £10m OW, The Dark Knight had a four day opening of £11m.

£15.8 million at the UK box office, making it the biggest opening for a superhero movie in the country of all time and the second biggest four-day weekend ever, behind Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix, which made £16.5 million.

Avengers Assemble has already taken more than the entire UK box office runs of The Hulk (£8.29 million), Captain America (£9.5 million) and Thor (£14.05 million).

• Like 1