Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

I see your Trafford Centre and raise you an Event George St in Sydney. It has 39 screenings tomorrow. TASM drops to only 4 screenings tomorrow from about 18 today.Although, there would have been more screenings on opening day in the UK if midnights were allowed.

I remember for DH2 Trafford centre had something like 57 showings a day. Mental.

Also, Glasgow Cineworld, which I think actually is the busiest cinema in the UK already has 10 sellouts for TDKR. That's crazy.

Advance tickets are selling extremely quickly now and walk ups will probably be huge too. I imagine lots will get turned away, or they'll start adding some more showtimes like they did for The Avengers. We're in for an absolutely monstrous OD.

Glasgow Cineworld doesn't really count, most of the Sell Outs are in D-Box.

My local cineworld is running 2 Screens for TDKR all weekend, and an extra show at night, while the odeon has 2 screens and a 23:15 show on friday and saturday. Lorax previews are fucking with available show times this weekend imo.

I don't think I'll ever get the chance to see it at the BFI. :( Unless I wait until the middle of August for a repeat viewing. But even then, the showtimes are still very full.

I'll sure they'll extend the run beyond August. The next iMAX release isn't til mid September and even then it's only Resident Evil. I can see BFI have regular showings until Skyfall comes out.

TDKR BFI IMAX sales already above £1m, breaking all records.http://www.heyuguys....booking-record/I know that was to be expected, but it's still fucking incredible.

and to think the birmingham IMAX was closed down last year :blink:i only found out the other day when looking to book a ticket....... aparently it was running at a loss for 10 years and only made money in the 3 months when avatar was out.... bit short sighted as the format is only just really being embraced.They hope that the cineworld in the city will have an imax screen by the time bond is out but i doubt it going to be a real massive imax like the old one was. liemax is my guess

TDKR BFI IMAX sales already above £1m, breaking all records.http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/2012/07/18/the-dark-knight-rises-breaks-bfi-imax-booking-record/I know that was to be expected, but it's still fucking incredible.

It is increadible a month ago they had already sold out majority of opening weekend.with Avatar the biggest single screen or single format runs the world1-UA Isquare , HK (Minimax ) also ran digital 3d2-BFI Imax, London UK (Imax)3-Imax Darling Hbr, Sydney Aus(Imax)4-Lincoln Square 13 NYC USA (Imax) it also ran digital3d/2d & 35mmOdeon Leicster Square London UK (digital 3d),7 week only run, in intial weeks it was the #1(#2 sydney, #3 BFI) in the world but with limited run other took over Edited by Rth

I wonder how Taken 2 will do...Taken has an absolutely HUGE cult following. Whenever it's on TV my whole FB feed is literally filled with status's about it. Always trends on Twitter aswell whenever it's shown. Insanely popular film. I think it could surprise and put up some fairly big numbers. Obviously not anywhere near the size of Bond or anything though.

• Like 1

I wonder how Taken 2 will do...Taken has an absolutely HUGE cult following. Whenever it's on TV my whole FB feed is literally filled with status's about it. Always trends on Twitter aswell whenever it's shown. Insanely popular film. I think it could surprise and put up some fairly big numbers. Obviously not anywhere near the size of Bond or anything though.

Taken gained a following thanks to DVD and TV, I don't think it was that successful when it was originally released 4 years ago but I imagine £4-5m OW for Taken 2 which for October is very good.Just read that the BFI IMAX is be operated by Odeon from now on, it'll still be owned by BFI and it'll still be called the BFI IMAX but all bookings and stuff like concessions will be handled by Odeon, given that how the IMAX has grown in the last few years, I'm not surprised that they've decided to partner with a cinema chain especially with online booking which has always been a nightmare especially for big releases. Edited by Jonwo