Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

2 hours ago, wildphantom said:

i’m not surprised!  It’s a minimum 15.  Never ceases to amaze me that other countries permit adults to take their children in to see anything. 

To me, 15 and 18 are meant for mature audiences and parents throwing hissy fits because they can't take their 5 year old into Deadpool is frankly stupid. Ireland does confuse things by having a 15A and 16 as well as rating some films lower like Trap for example is 15 in the UK but 12A in Ireland. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, UKBoxOffice said:

1    Vue Manchester Printworks 
2    BFI IMAX    
3    Showcase Southampton De Lux 
4    Showcase Bluewater 
5    Cineworld Sheffield 
6    Vue Westfield Stratford 
7    Cineworld Basildon 
8    Odeon Liverpool One 
9    Odeon Bournemouth BH2
10    Odeon Leicester Square    

Was not expecting my local to be in here above Leicester Square lmao

Probably has something to do with the severe lack of premium screens in Dorset. The iSense in the BH2 I think is quite literally the only real premium format in the whole county. 

Edited by Allanheimer

22 minutes ago, UKBoxOffice said:

Friday

1. D&W £4.21m (£8.84m)

2. DM4 £1.06m (£23.25m)

3. Twisters £467k (£6.91m)

4. IO2 £383k (£49.37m)

5. Longlegs £256k (£5.22m)

Only a ~40% third weekend drop for Longlegs potentially. And maybe sub 50% for Twisters too. 

Thats a very impressive true midnight gross for Deadpool & Wolverine then!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, todos said:

Does Inside out 2 have any juice left for £55M ($70M)? 

Oppenheimer $75M and Wonka $80M seem out of reach. 

Easily.

Summer holidays have fully started now, it has a good 5-6 weeks of kids off school to still pull in a decent amount of cash. Even £60m isn't dead. 

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

56 minutes ago, UKBoxOffice said:

Friday

1. D&W £4.21m (£8.84m)

2. DM4 £1.06m (£23.25m)

3. Twisters £467k (£6.91m)

4. IO2 £383k (£49.37m)

5. Longlegs £256k (£5.22m)

Three £1m+ holdovers, compared to 4 for Deadpool (Alvin, Zoolander 2, Dads Army and Goosebumps) and 1 for Deadpool 2 (Infinity War). 

Guess Sat will be similar to Friday and then Sunday about £3.5m? So will have an opening close to Barbie
HP: Deathly Hallows Part 1
Avengers Age of Ultron
Black Panther 
SW: Rogue One
The Lion King? Between £16.5m-£18.5m?

• ...wtf 1

20 minutes ago, GreenbackBoogie said:

Three £1m+ holdovers, compared to 4 for Deadpool (Alvin, Zoolander 2, Dads Army and Goosebumps) and 1 for Deadpool 2 (Infinity War). 

Guess Sat will be similar to Friday and then Sunday about £3.5m? So will have an opening close to Barbie
HP: Deathly Hallows Part 1
Avengers Age of Ultron
Black Panther 
SW: Rogue One
The Lion King? Between £16.5m-£18.5m?

That would be an £11.9m 3 day, Barbie’s 3 day was £18.4m. 

Thursday wasn’t previews for Deadpool, it was released on Thursday properly with midnights on Wednesday night. 

Edited by Krissykins

I do wonder if Twisters might end up doing good business as the alternative to D&W? A lot of the upcoming films are either 15 like Trap and Alien: Romulus although Borderlands is 12A but I don't think that'll do any business. 

WB who released Twisters in the UK was stuck date wise as they couldn't release it on the same day as DM4 because Universal releases that and they're not going to step on their co-partners toes and the Euros and Wimbledon in early July was not an option either plus it wasn't ready to debut OS.

13 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

That would be an £11.9m 3 day, Barbie’s 3 day was £18.4m. 

Thursday wasn’t previews for Deadpool, it was released on Thursday properly with midnights on Wednesday night. 

Midnights started at 0.05am Thursday not Wednesday? 

Disney always seem to find something extra money behind the sofa, Sunday estimates will be x but then on Monday they are y.. So I've factored in Monday Disney bump 

• ...wtf 1

18 hours ago, wildphantom said:

i’m not surprised!  It’s a minimum 15.  Never ceases to amaze me that other countries permit adults to take their children in to see anything. 

Totally didn't just take my 11 month old in to a parent and baby showing of it 😅

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, GreenbackBoogie said:

Midnights started at 0.05am Thursday not Wednesday? 

Disney always seem to find something extra money behind the sofa, Sunday estimates will be x but then on Monday they are y.. So I've factored in Monday Disney bump 

No I mean you said it’ll open near Barbie. Barbie had a 3 day. 

Deadpool is a full 4 day release plus midnights. So it’s opening weekend will be nowhere near Barbie’s. £12m vs £18m. 

59 minutes ago, GreenbackBoogie said:

In the US IMAX/PLF is about a third of BO with 3D 17% how does that compare for the UK? 

I'm very curious too because the 3D was being pushed hard. My local LieMAX was all 3D. So I said fuck that shit and went 2D on a smaller screen.