Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

I hope it falls way below Skyfall total. I`m very happy Skyfall is UK #1. Well deserved. LOTR was #1 in its day so it`s time for other movies to shine.

Lol fishnets don't worry! NOTHING will beat Skyfall for years. It'll probably do around half. Edited by Heretic

It's not even reaching the moderate £12m I expected. It won't enter to the yearly top 3, which is a bit of a surprise given the fact that all LOTR films are in the all time top 10. Jackson gambled and it didn't work out. Avoid HFR folks.

Could still get into Top 3! A probable $1B WW means it did work out.And HFR is the future, people are always sceptical of new technology but soon all films will be in HFR so get used to it. :)

Well it did, because it's still likely going to gross between 900m-1bn, so PJ and WB will be laughing all the way to the bank.And with great WOM and Christmas, it could still just about get into the top 3, but we'll see.

Exactly! Edited by JCS

I can't understand why it is doing so badly in the UK. UK Cinemagoers are hugely loyal to british based films and come out in huge numbers to see them e.g bond and potter recently. Maybe TH is under performing due to school still in till next week and univeristy students still coming home this weekend.

I still think £11m is pretty poor. This is an adaptation of a beloved novel that is one of the countries most famous exports. It shouldn't have been beaten by The Avengers, and by such a big margin under any circumstances. It's a huge shame as I was hoping for an uber mega christmas, but i'll still settle for a mega one.

HFR is clearly not the future. It's a great tool to play with and surely will work well other films, but it won't be taking over the whole industry and yes, it's a failure with The Hobbit, let's hope that the second film is an improvement. WoM is average, I think it will land around £48-50m.

Edited by Alfred Unchained

HFR is clearly not the future. It's a great tool to play with and surely will work well other films, but it won't be taking over the whole industry and yes, it's a failure with The Hobbit, let's hope that the second film is an improvement. WoM is average, I think it will land around £48-50m.

It's not average. It's actually very good from what I'm hearing.

Just came back from a viewing of normal 3D in vue extreme-westfield stratford. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Dont know what the critics are on about. This film stands on its own. I didnt really find it dragging in the beginning. Felt like the same build up as was in FOTR. I think the stakes were raised when they showed the Necromancer having dealings in the background which improved the plot abit. Made it seem like it threatened the world as in LOTR.I was one of those that thought the make up on the dwarves seemed somewhat ...amateur (in the trailer). But in the film they seemed perfectly fine. Only criticism i can give it is that the general audience wouldnt know all the the dwarves names. Only ones that seemed prominent were Thorin, Balin, Fili, Kili and Bofur. think jackson needs us to relate to the others abit more.the cinema was packed, think only 6-7 empty seats on the side left. There were tonnes of laughs from the audience especially when gollum turned up. Also for those people who were complaining about farts and burps scenes. There was only one burp scene and it lasted 3 seconds...will definitely check out 48fps just to see how it is

Edited by Omario
  • Like 1