Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

I don't really count Titanic's re-release, because it made like £10m more.When was Avatar's re-release? It made over £91.5m up until the beginning of April, so it can't have been at all significant.

Yeah, the summer one RTH mentioned. Yes, Avatar is way ahead but most charts include the re-release of Titanic and Avatar so the gap is less than £20M; so re-releases do count I think and I use them as most do.Avatar 2 will be huge but won't beat Avatar as that film was a one-off special phenomenon. It will be interesting to see which film breaks the £100M barrier in the UK. Will be in the next few years I think.

Yeah, apart from the emerging markets, I think Avatar 2 will see a decrease.It should still be huge. Probably over £70m, but Avatar was something else entirely.As for the £100m barrier. I'm not too sure. We may have to wait another decade or so to see numbers that high, but the frequency of £70m+ films will definitely increase.

Good weather I think may be effecting the BO a little right now. It was very warm in London today. Everyone was out enjoying the sunshine. That coupled with the olympics and closing ceremony could prove a bit of a downer.

True, but weekends are not that important during the summer as weekdays are so strong. But yes, the sunny weather and Olympics is having some impact.At least the Closing Ceremony is on Sunday night so will effect the weekend BO much less than the Opening Ceremony, which was on a Friday night when more people go to the cinema.

What do people think Three Stooges (released August 22nd) will do? It looks awful but might do ok with there being a lack of family films (Brave aside) in the last couple of weeks of the holiday.Keith Lemon could go either way.. might be a huge bomb or could be a mini Inbetweeners

Yeah big drops for TDKR, Ted...etc this weekend probably, but as Jonwo said, weekdays make up for it during summer and legs will be stronger as people will see films later on in the run, especially now the Olympics have ended.This week (Monday here now) will be crazy. Bourne, Expendables 2, Brave all opening and Ted, TDKR and IA4 still strong.

Edited by JCS

1 Ted £3,174,766 £17,214,2692 The Dark Knight Rises £2,196,449 £46,259,1773 Step-Up 4: Miami Heat £680,052 £680,0524 Diary Of A Wimpy Kid: Dog Days £602,236 £3,702,8775 Brave £574,261 £2,222,3956 Ice Age: Continental Drift £532,353 £26,507,3817 Dr. Seuss' The Lorax £375,710 £5,962,5198 The Amazing Spider-Man £199,304 £25,548,5559 Magic Mike £135,108 £8,111,97010 Offender £74,154 £74,154

Quite a weak weekend, but that's understandable. Things should go back to normal now.That's just £100k less than IA4 at the same point for Brave. Very good. It opened today in the rest of the UK, and it looked to be doing pretty well.The Bourne Legacy is quite busy this evening. I'd expect £5-6m for the week.