UK Box Office Thread

DP3 / Barbie

Pre Jul last weekend - 4.63 / 34.76
FSS - 12.63 / 13.23 (96%)
M-T - 8.14 / 11.6 (70%)
2FSS - 8.02 / 7.92 (101%)
M-T - 5 / 6.28 (80%)

Total - 38.5 / 73.8

3rd FSS I am expecting ~5 for DP3 vs 4.4 of Barbie. (113%)

Barbie did 17.2 after that.

guess can expect 13-17 from DP3?

56-60M?

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Astonished 1

2 hours ago, leoh said:

@UKBoxOffice how good are ‘It Ends With Us’ pre sales in the UK? The book was a phenomenon in the UK, which is the biggest international market for the book.

Looking at Vue Manchester on Friday they are very strong with many shows close to sellouts. Looked at Manchester as that was top D&W cinema. 

As with US think many have underestimated It Ends With Us. Deadline predicting $25m-$30m but could open $50m+ if it holds Sat/Sun and could challenge D&W? Nice viral video of Ryan, Ryan's mum and Hugh Jackman interviewing Blake's love interest. 

Edited by GreenbackBoogie
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

DP3 / Barbie

Pre Jul last weekend - 4.63 / 34.76
FSS - 12.63 / 13.23 (96%)
M-T - 8.14 / 11.6 (70%)
2FSS - 8.02 / 7.92 (101%)
M-T - 5 / 6.28 (80%)

Total - 38.5 / 73.8

3rd FSS I am expecting ~5 for DP3 vs 4.4 of Barbie. (113%)

Barbie did 17.2 after that.

guess can expect 13-17 from DP3?

56-60M?

Barbie’s 3 day FSS was £18.5m

edit: ah, I realise you’re using Barbie’s second weekend lol. 

£57.9m for Joker (same age rating) could be the target. Deadpool 3 will knock Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix out of the top 50. 

Edited by Krissykins

7 hours ago, GreenbackBoogie said:

Looking at Vue Manchester on Friday they are very strong with many shows close to sellouts. Looked at Manchester as that was top D&W cinema. 

As with US think many have underestimated It Ends With Us. Deadline predicting $25m-$30m but could open $50m+ if it holds Sat/Sun and could challenge D&W? Nice viral video of Ryan, Ryan's mum and Hugh Jackman interviewing Blake's love interest. 

yeah Box office Pro is projecting 45M to 55M for it ends with us

15 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Barbie’s 3 day FSS was £18.5m

edit: ah, I realise you’re using Barbie’s second weekend lol. 

£57.9m for Joker (same age rating) could be the target. Deadpool 3 will knock Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix out of the top 50. 

Time to re-release Order of the Phoenix 

11 hours ago, leoh said:

yeah Box office Pro is projecting 45M to 55M for it ends with us

It will be the first time since July 1990 a married couple were #1 and #2 in the US, didn't happen in the UK as the two films weren't released at the same time...

• Astonished 1

Was amazed to see the first Beetlejuice was a PG in the US, was a 15 in the UK as released a year before the first 12 (Batman) with trailers 15 it could be a 15 despite getting PG-13? 

Beetlejuice opened in August 1988 £524,740/£1,806,931 207 screens taking £3,604,282/£12,411,267 inflated; received 15 certificate in the UK (12 didn’t launch in the UK until 1989’s Batman). 

Since its release, has become a huge home video success and was the first film Netflix sent out on DVD in 1998.

In 2022 Park Circus re-released Beetlejuice in 350 screens opened £93,042 #14.

Many are predicting $75m+ opening in the US any predictions for the UK? With Beetlejuice 2 opening September 4th National Cinema Day this yeat if its happening must be August 31st?

Edited by GreenbackBoogie

I think Beetlejuice Beetlejuice could open big. Needs to be a 12A though, which I’m sure it will be. 

wait yeh, some of the trailers got rated a 15. Eek. 

Edited by Krissykins

5 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I think Beetlejuice Beetlejuice could open big. Needs to be a 12A though, which I’m sure it will be. 

wait yeh, some of the trailers got rated a 15. Eek. 

One of the trailers features Michael Keaton’s guts falling out, I can’t see it being a 12A, even with the comedic nature of it. 

47 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

One of the trailers features Michael Keaton’s guts falling out, I can’t see it being a 12A, even with the comedic nature of it. 

I honestly didn’t realise. I’d literally half my prediction for this then. 

26 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I honestly didn’t realise. I’d literally half my prediction for this then. 

I might be wrong and they view it in the comical way that it’s meant to be taken, the first film was downgraded to 12 fairly recently so they might be lenient with it. I’m not sure a 15 rating would be a death knell for it though, I know Jenna Ortega has her younger fans from Wednesday, but this doesn’t really seem to be aimed at children, it feels like it’s more for the Gen X/Millennial audience who grew up with the original.

Edited by SnokesLegs

2 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

I might be wrong and they view it in the comical way that it’s meant to be taken, the first film was downgraded to 12 fairly recently so they might be lenient with it. I’m not sure a 15 rating would be a death knell for it though, I know Jenna Ortega has her younger fans from Wednesday, but this doesn’t really seem to be aimed at children, it feels like it’s more for the Gen X/Millennial audience who grew up with the original.

I get that certainly, but I know a tonne of my generation are (were) planning to take their own kids to “pass it down”. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, UKBoxOffice said:

It Ends With Us is looking big.

Looking at how presales are going at several Vue cinemas with many shows close to sellouts from 1pm to 9pm today. Could it top D&W today? Will it be front-load and will it be affected by 90f temperatures on Sunday?