Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

It should have really been released in 2D as well, as lots of people don't care about 3D anymore. Hopefully, Sony/Screen Gems will take this into account for the final film, and hopefully spend a bit more on the promotion.

Yeah. 3D is extremely unpopular now. Whenever there's a film with 2D and 3D options, 3D is always empty, and 2D is the only format making the money.

yeah i've been noticing that 3D is dying very quickly.. at my nearest odeon (9 screens) Paranorman started off with the same number of 2D and 3D shows, but after the first week they knocked the 3D down to just the weekend. This week the 3D has one show a day on Saturday, Sunday and Cheap Tuesday whereas the 2D has 3 shows a day on Sat, Sun & Tues as well as one show a day every other day. and it's not a lack of 3D screens as most of them there have 3D capability and the only competition is Resident Evil.Brave is also still showing but only in 2D, the 3D went weeks ago.

Damn, the crap films are really breaking out this year, Magic Mike, Ted and worst of all Taken 2. Saturday is up minimum 20%, looking over £2m for sure. Nice increase for Looper, £0.5m, and Sinister is holding strong, it didn't drop, slight increase for a roughly £0.475m Sat. Paranorman overtook Perks. Brave had a huge Saturday as well.

The numbers for Taken 2 are very good, above my expectations. Sunday will drop but a £1.5-1.6m Sunday would put it at roughly £6.8-6.9m four days and £5.7m for the three day weekend. I imagine even with a 60-65% drop it could still be number one ahead of Hotel Transylvania and Madagascar 3 previews but depends how they perform.What are we thinking for Taken 2's final total? I think it'll land in the £16-17m as it faces PA4 in a week and a half then Skyfall, £20m is probably unlikely unless it has good drops.

Edited by Jonwo

$12.1m opening for Taken 2!!!! Fucking HUGE.Fantastic hold for Looper too, with $2.7m. Must be over $8m now for sure, and heading for at least $15m.Lots of big films coming out in the next few weeks, the bo is going to be on fire!