Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

My local's been crazy today too. All Les Mis shows after 3:30 sold out by 3, The Impossible sold out 2:45 and Life of Pi did 5:10. I can see at least 3 filns over £1m today, maybe even Gangster Squad, which coincidentally I preferred to Les Mis. Not to say Les Mis was poor, far from it, I just had more fun with Gangster Squad.

Pi will have sub 20% weekend drop I reckon. Saturday is crazy, Pi, Hobbit, Reacher jump 100+%. Les Mis will increase by roughly 40% based on morning/afternoon/early eve showings. We'll see if it can maintain its strong business with the late shows. If you ask me it's gonna do even better than Friday, will be well over £3m.

Edited by Alfred Unchained
  • Like 1

Jesus Christ, that's fucking crazy! Incredible increases for everything. That would be over £3.3m for Les Mis! I just came out of it and damn, I thought it was absolutely fantastic. Goosebumps literally everywhere.

Edited by Heretic

Most definitely.

Each passing day the projected gross goes up. Keep it up UK. The last couple months have been tremendous to follow. First Skyfall and now LOP. :) :) :) :) :)Edit: How high do you see LOP going? Is 30M pounds the upper limit or it can do more? Edited by druv10

The Oscar nominations will boost Django Unchained, Lincoln and Zero Dark Thirty although along with Les Mis must be a real pain for cinemas as their lengths mean they can only a few showings a day. Les Mis will have a good drop next week, 40% would be great after such a big opening with Django second at £3m or more.

As I told you guys Les Mis will clear £40m. I just found it amusing that an Oscar winner director has absolutely no clue about IMAX. It's been shot in flat ratio, so if you watch it in IMAX you'll see the top of the actor's head chopped off. It wouldn't be so bad if 80% of the film hadn't been extreme close-up. On the other hand it sounds great in IMAX.Pi will target £30m. Impossible will hit £10m. Reacher could manage as well if it can produce another 50% drop against Django, it was expected to have a much bigger fall.Gangster Squad is a disappintment, £2m OW sounds ok on paper, but WoM is weak and it will be destroyed by Django next week.

Edited by Alfred Unchained

I don`t think that the movie was ever intended to go into IMAX until very recently. And, the screener formatting ratio is apparently not being played in certain theatres which resulted in some of the sides being cut off.