Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

I think the simple fact is that this year, we didn't have a huge July tentpole like last year (TDKR), and no Skyfall, which means it'd have been incredibly difficult to beat 2012, anyway.

However, we've still got 4 months left, anything can happen. I think CF will explode.

1D movie tomorrow could do £1.5-2m OD.

£2m seems a bit high, I can't see the general audience flocking to it once the fangirls has seen it. I imagine its going to be like Twilight in that OD will be big but it falls big time as the weekend progresses. It'll be number 1 this weekend and that's it.I think About Time will do quite well next week when its release, its got a five day opening so £2-2.5m is possible but its got competition from Riddick. I Edited by Jonwo

Wow, Odeon website has had a massive revamp. Seems kinda cool, but it's slow, and a bit confusing. Their old website was so simple and easy to navigate. Gonna take a while to get used to...

Edited by Heretic

I don't think 1D was that busy at my cinema (smiles). One of the least crowded my cinemas been in ages. Saw grown ups 2 and it was about 85-90% full.

Grown Ups 2 seems to be doing solid business. Clearly its proving popular with families in the last week of holidays.

Just had a look at sales around the area and actually yeah, they're not looking like anything special. Might even be under £1m OD if we're lucky.

Unless they're significant walkups then its unlikely to hit £1m, Could still be number 1 though although Pain and Gain could snag it since its already had three days of previews which won't be included until its officially released on Friday Edited by Jonwo