Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Schedule is up for this weekend for films, and The Avengers seems to have more showings than it's opening. :o And, it has more late night shows. Cinemas must have taken note. It's going to be a massive weekend.

Heretic, can it have a sub 50% drop for the weekend? If yes, than what kind of drop?

Well, it was a 4 day opening so from the 4 day to 3 day that's not likely. But it's a bank holiday weekend, and Monday, while it won't be reported in the weekend report, is basically part of the weekend.So Fri-Mon could drop maybe 45%, for around $14m. By Sunday, it should be at $45m-ish, and Monday near $50m.

Schedule is up for this weekend for films, and The Avengers seems to have more showings than it's opening. :o And, it has more late night shows. Cinemas must have taken note. It's going to be a massive weekend.

TDK in UK : $89m.Can TA beat this? :o

Well, it was a 4 day opening so from the 4 day to 3 day that's not likely. But it's a bank holiday weekend, and Monday, while it won't be reported in the weekend report, is basically part of the weekend.So Fri-Mon could drop maybe 45%, for around $14m.By Sunday, it should be at $45m-ish, and Monday near $50m.

Is your prediction still 65-75M for TA?

Probably the higher end. If it's near $50m by Monday, I wouldn't put $80m out the question, but lets see how it holds first.

80 mill is just :wiggle:Huge potential :arms:

TDKR will be tough to predict, because we don't know how the Olympics will affect it. I expect TA is doing well this weekend, bigger drop next week.

Of course Olympics will effect movies.. TDKR also.. And if its really really hot well.... That could really take the edge of

It's not just that. TDK made around £49m. TDKR could make over £50m and is in-fact likely to do so. The olympics may have a bit of an effect, but people aren't going to be sitting in their houses for 2 weeks straight are they? And it's not like they can't watch TDK after or before the olympics start. The exchange is the more important factor here as to why TDKR may not beat TDK's $89m. £50m would be $81m. £55m - $89m. So, it is still possible. $100m, however, would require over £60m which is stretching it.

It's not just that. TDK made around £49m. TDKR could make over £50m and is in-fact likely to do so. The olympics may have a bit of an effect, but people aren't going to be sitting in their houses for 2 weeks straight are they? And it's not like they can't watch TDK after or before the olympics start.The exchange is the more important factor here as to why TDKR may not beat TDK's $89m. £50m would be $81m. £55m - $89m. So, it is still possible. $100m, however, would require over £60m which is stretching it.

It would need Harry Potter numbers :P

Olympics can also help TDK, many events will finish in the afternoon/early evening, traveling is going to be a bitch and a 10+ screen multiplex is waiting for them in Stratford, plus insane amount of people in West End lol And that's just London, the pubs will be full across the country, so cinema could be a good escape.

Edited by The Dark Alfred

I have a niggling feeling the BBFC are going to have an impact this summer. I get the feeling either Prometheus will get an 18, The Dark Knight Rises will get a 15 (Which there is precedence for, the Republic of Ireland gave TDK a 15), or after all the complaining that occured with The Woman in Black and will likely occur with TDKR if it recieves a 12a, that the flat 12 certificate will return, which I am well and truly in favour of. I had a family in an Avengers show yest with a 4 year old and a crying baby! 12a must die!

^I very much doubt that. TDKR will be rated a 12A for sure. It isn't worthy of a 15 rating. There would be outrage if it were to be rated that.The Avengers as a 12A is fine. It's more than suitable for families in my opinion.Speaking of the The Avengers, it's looking packed this evening with orange Wednesdays. IMAX is almost sold out, and other night shows are busy already.

^I very much doubt that. TDKR will be rated a 12A for sure. It isn't worthy of a 15 rating. There would be outrage if it were to be rated that.

BUT, there is a precedent for it, and it looks darker, bleaker and more adult than TDK if that makes sense, and the irish gave that a 15. It isn't impossible at all.

Avengers Assemble now £18.4m in UK after six days, ahead of lifetimes of Terminator 2, The Matrix 3 and The Mummy. Orange Weds tonight!

Around $30m for the 6 day. That means it'll likely be at $35m-ish by after Thursday, possibly $48m-ish by Sunday, and over $50m by Monday. Fantastic!