charlie Jatinder

Tuesday 20/8/19.

Good Boys: 3.05  up     37%

H&S: 2.1                      58%

TLK: 2.05                     53%

AB2: 1.75                    73%

Spider-man: 0.415           20%

Wow that Spidey increase. I wonder how things goes next weekend!!! 

• Like 1

That is, what I was afraid of since the whole 'straming war' started.

The dominant streaming companies are offering “outrageous” contracts to emerging actors, preventing them from taking on other work, claimed a panel of casting directors at the Sarajevo Film Festival today.

“It’s outrageous, the low fees,” said French casting director Natalie Cheron. “[Actors] have to sign up for five years, they aren’t allowed to do any other shows. It is a big deal. But there are actors who are starving and willing to accept anything sometimes.”

Streaming companies offering “outrageous” low fees to actors, say casting directors

https://www.screendaily.com/news/streaming-companies-offering-outrageous-low-fees-to-actors-say-casting-directors/5142098.article

Interesting to me for reasons

Pinewood Sells Stake In Atlanta Studios After Six Year Run

The Pinewood Group has sold its equity in Pinewood Atlanta Studios, the second-largest purpose-built facility in the U.S., to its joint venture partner in the facility.

The JV was set up in 2013 between Pinewood and River’s Rock, an independently managed trust of the Cathy family.

Pinewood will provide sales and marketing support for the studios for a period of up to 18 months during which time the operation will remain branded and operated as a Pinewood facility. The partners say there will be no impact on productions shooting at the studios, which will continue to be led by Frank Patterson, president of the facility.

Set across 700 acres, the studio’s 18 sound stages range from 15,000 to 40,000 square feet and it has a backlot spanning 400 acres. Movies to have shot there, taking advantage of Georgia’s tax incentive, include Avengers: Endgame, Spider Man: Homecoming and Captain America: Civil War.

According to Pinewood, the parting of ways comes as Patterson has started investing in content companies, while Pinewood Group continues to focus on studio infrastructure. That said, last month Pinewood also announced that it was divesting itself from its JV facility in Malaysia.

A source tells us that future international deals are likely — the Group still has studio interests in China and Dominican Republic, among other markets — but UK expansion remains the key focus at the moment. There may be a handful of job losses as a result of the Atlanta sale, whose value was not disclosed.

Paul Golding, Chairman of Pinewood Group Limited, said today, “Pinewood is known across the world as a leading-provider of studio space and over the last six years, Pinewood Atlanta Studios has become the second largest purpose-built facility in the US. As our partners in Atlanta look to expand their focus and invest in content development, we have agreed to sell our equity in the Studios. Pinewood will continue to prioritise its core business of providing studio infrastructure, including extensive growth plans in the UK and expansion in key international markets.”

“The Pinewood Group has been a great partner, building the best facilities in the world for us in Atlanta,” commented Patterson. “I came on two years ago to build content opportunities at the same time the Pinewood Group changed ownership and decided to focus on providing studio accommodation. We’ve got some exciting investments in the pipeline on the content creation side of the business so this a truly great time for the industry in Atlanta. I would like to thank Pinewood Group for all they’ve done and how they have helped make Atlanta a world leader in film and digital production.”

The Pinewood Group, which was bought in 2016 by asset management firm Aermont, is currently expanding its UK Shepperton Studios, a move that will see Shepperton become the second-largest studio in the world. The modernization and expansion of the iconic studios will include up to an additional 530,000 sq.ft of sound stage space.

So, saw Angry Birds 2 last night...and wouldn't you know, this movie got the largest applause of every movie I've seen so far this year...go figure:)...

It actually reminded me of a little kid's version of the Hangover (not literally, but in feel)...the plot can be explained in 2 sentences...but some of the visual and verbal gags are hilarious, even for adults (and always for kids).  The movie had a tough time getting started, but the 2nd half was on point.  

For grades, I gave it a B (C for 1st 1/2, and A- for 2nd)...

My spouse (the tough kid movie grader this summer) gave it a C (which is much higher than Pikachu)...

My oldest teen girl gave it a B...

My younger teen girl gave it an A and loved it...I'm starting to figure out her tastes - comedies are definitely her thing...

Older younger boy gave it an A+ and a standing ovation...

Youngest boy also gave it an A+...

This movie definitely benefited from the sold out cheap Tuesday audience...like any comedy does...the joy of viewing together and having folks all laughing definitely built the atmosphere to make it seem funnier and funnier as it went (even if it an empty theater, you might not think so)...

Not as good for me as the original (since that one had more plot, less comedy...and was just the tighter told movie), but a worthy sequel...

It's a shame this opened so low, b/c it really does need an audience to watch...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, saw Angry Birds 2 last night...and wouldn't you know, this movie got the largest applause of every movie I've seen so far this year...go figure:)...

It actually reminded me of a little kid's version of the Hangover (not literally, but in feel)...the plot can be explained in 2 sentences...but some of the visual and verbal gags are hilarious, even for adults (and always for kids).  The movie had a tough time getting started, but the 2nd half was on point.  

For grades, I gave it a B (C for 1st 1/2, and A- for 2nd)...

My spouse (the tough kid movie grader this summer) gave it a C (which is much higher than Pikachu)...

My oldest teen girl gave it a B...

My younger teen girl gave it an A and loved it...I'm starting to figure out her tastes - comedies are definitely her thing...

Older younger boy gave it an A+ and a standing ovation...

Youngest boy also gave it an A+...

This movie definitely benefited from the sold out cheap Tuesday audience...like any comedy does...the joy of viewing together and having folks all laughing definitely built the atmosphere to make it seem funnier and funnier as it went (even if it an empty theater, you might not think so)...

Not as good for me as the original (since that one had more plot, less comedy...and was just the tighter told movie), but a worthy sequel...

It's a shame this opened so low, b/c it really does need an audience to watch...

AB 2 jump is also 73% ridiculous.

• Like 1

H&S 2.1 Tue; 137.2

1.16 (-45%); 138.36

1.0 (-15%); 139.36

2.1 (+105%)

3.4 (+62%)

2.3 (-33%)

= 7.8 (-45%) ; 147.16

Adding 2.5x the weekend,

147.16 + 7.8*2.5 = 166.66

- (5) The Angry Birds Movie 2 Sony Pictures $1,730,000 +71% 3,869 $447   $18,832,892 8
- (6) Once Upon a Time…in Holly… Sony Pictures $1,140,000 +26% 2,504 $455   $116,471,015 26
- (10) Blinded by the Light Warner Bros. $630,000 +51% 2,307 $273   $5,381,551 5
- (12) Spider-Man: Far From Home Sony Pictures $450,000 +30% 1,515 $297   $377,472,095 50
- (14) The Kitchen Warner Bros. $375,000 +63% 2,745 $137   $10,980,996 12
- (15) The Farewell A24 $214,823 +27% 861 $250   $13,205,149 40
- (-) Midsommar A24 $15,714 +19% 75 $210   $25,951,681 49
- (-) The Last Black Man in San F… A24 $6,372 -11% 29 $220   $4,501,109 75
- (-) The Other Side of Heaven 2:… ArtAffects $4,449 +8% 21 $212   $1,655,288 54
- (-) ECCO Citadel $532 +85% 7 $76   $86,382 12

8 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Any idea how Ready or Not did last night? Or did it even hold previews?

There were previews last night, at least in my area (though not every theater that's playing the movie was holding previews), but they haven't been released yet. Hopefully we'll get something soon, probably with Deadline's weekend preview article

• Like 1