kayumanggi

DHD Saturday (03.24): 50.0 M | THE HUNGER GAMES

I didn't say there wasn't a better way it could have been shot, I just don't think it was really detracting like a lot of people seem to be making it out to be.

They fucking pussied the fuck out with Glimmer. There was a part where they literally showed her for half a second. Come on.

Still can't believe a March release will be #3, if not #2, all-time ow after tomorrow. That's just hard to fathom. And I admit, as a huge Batman and TDK fan, I'd be annoyed if TDKR wasn't coming out later this year to put Batman back on top.

Meh, he could still have a David Yates experience with Catching Fire.OoTP, visually, was average, but HBP was gorgeous.I hope for the same with Catching Fire.

Me too. Personally I think CF provides more of an opportunity for that anyways since

the arena is more visually appealing.

Edited by MovieMan89

Meh, he could still have a David Yates experience with Catching Fire.OoTP, visually, was average, but HBP was gorgeous.I hope for the same with Catching Fire.

I loved Delbonnel's use of a Rembrandt-esque palette; gave the film a certain dreaminess, as well as a sense of foreboding (more due to how he played with the lighting) Edited by spizzer

David Yates still doesn't have much visual style. But let's not get into another Potter rehash. With THG, I felt that Ross repeatedly missed the opportunity to make certain moments special. (To be fair, I liked what he did with the Katniss/Peeta flaming reveal and the POV shot of Rue's last moment).

Edited by Telemachos

And I admit, as a huge Batman and TDK fan, I'd be annoyed if TDKR wasn't coming out later this year to put Batman back on top.

Same.Now I'm more interested in TDKR vs Catching Fire's opening, but it sounds like Catching Fire may release middle of the week instead of on a weekend.

I loved Delbonnel's use of a Rembrandt-esque palette; gave the film a certain dreaminess, as well as a sense of foreboding (more due to how he played with the lighting)

+1000I can just imagine Delbonnel doing Catching Fire.

They fucking pussied the fuck out with Glimmer. There was a part where they literally showed her for half a second. Come on.

It's because Katniss was hallucinating. It wouldn't have made sense otherwise.

All the Potter films kill THG visually, but THG has this something to it, something that I just can't put my finger on, that makes it special.

Thank you, that is my sentiment exactly. While I love Potter and I can't deny that visually and maybe even cohesively most of the films may be stronger than THG, I've never been too fond of repeat viewings of the Potter films and all except DH2 have always left me a little wanting. THG on the other hand left me totally satisfied and I'm literally chomping at the bits to see it again. There was just something about it that really worked for me.

So, if the current 50M figure sticks19.7M Midnights48.5M Friday50.0M Saturday (+3.0%)39.0M Sunday (-22%)157.2M OWNow, I've given this Spidey 3's Sunday drop. It could be even stronger, as a 50M Friday would indicate that this thing still had a shitload of demand despite burning off 66M from the previous day and a half. I think sub 15% is possible, but unlikely, however, anything above 15% is pretty much in play.Those who will argue that this will have a typical March drop of 25-35%, I ask why should it? It didn't see a typical March Saturday increase (only +3%), so why should it start behaving like a typical March film all of a sudden? Just looking at other large non-sequel, non summer openers, such as SM1 and Alice, both rose >20% without midnights on Saturday, and then fell around 30%. This rose only 3%, so the drop should be softened a bit, something we saw occur with SM3, which also rose about 3% on Saturday without midnights.