TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

2 hours ago, Firepower said:

Phillips pretty much made Blonde (2022) for 200 mln. Imagine if someone made a movie where Batman is abused, raped and manipulated throught the whole thing until his miserable end. It's absolutely not neccessary, but it takes brass balls to use the highest point of your career to scam a major studio into paying 200 mln for such an off-putting movie like this and paying yourself 20 mln out of their pocket. For that reason, I'm kinda glad it exists, I highly doubt we'll see anything like this in a long time. I saw some complaints that this movie did a major damage to autheur blockbusters when they weren't doing well in the first place, but I don't think so, double impact of self-financed Horizon and Megalopolis did more damage.

That is one thing we can be thankful for.

God, the stans for this disaster are getting more desperate all the time.

So now we are down to "It might not be a very good movie, but we should support if because the director was so edgy and has such big balls"

I don't care how edgy and how ballsy Philips was he made a crappy movie. That is what matters in the final analysis.

8 hours ago, dudalb said:

That is one thing we can be thankful for.

God, the stans for this disaster are getting more desperate all the time.

So now we are down to "It might not be a very good movie, but we should support if because the director was so edgy and has such big balls"

I don't care how edgy and how ballsy Philips was he made a crappy movie. That is what matters in the final analysis.

That's your opinion, you know. The Counselor had the same reception and I think it's Ridley's last great movie. You can like things other people hate and vice versa, I'm pretty sure you have movies like this. There are people who genuinely believe Blonde is the best movie of the decade (I'm not one of them). Flop for the ages in a blaze of glory is better than boring flop like Aquaman 2 where it didn't lose much money and reaction is "eh".