Eric Furiosa

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

Just now, SpiderByte said:

You serious? People here have been complaining that the MCU is dying because the credit scenes aren't interconnected enough

She had some 5-10 seconds of screen time in that scene. Forget Casual, that post credit wasn't enough for even hardcore fans to make them excited for her and The Marvels.

5 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

You serious? People here have been complaining that the MCU is dying because the credit scenes aren't interconnected enough

The MCU isn't dying. The films just haven't been very good or compelling. Also, the box office is really, really weird this year. But also, every time I remind people that Indiana Jones made more domestically than Mission Impossible, there are tons of excuses, proving most of the online MCU hate is just biased pontification.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

It'd be hilarious if all the complaining  here about there not being enough Multiverse Setup and then this was the big multiverse setup movie lol

Spoiler

Holy shit, Marvel of all studios outright spoiling the ending of their movie, complete with a shot from the rumoured post credit scene! I never thought I'd see the day.

11 minutes ago, Shindaya said:

yeah but in the movie itself that scene plays out exactly the same way

Did the movie hint at or show any future arc of Captain Marvel? I mean, we know about post-credit spoilers, but is there anything in the movie that indicates or shows what the future arc of Carol is going to be after this movie? You can DM me or reply with spoilers tag.

Edited by Willowra

13 minutes ago, Willowra said:

Hate is definitely affecting the Marvels. They showed in her first movie and then Endgame that she is stronger than Hulk or Thor, and that made her unlikeable to those insecure nerds who were invested in Thor and Hulk at that time. Plus, Feige said she would lead the MCU, and that made them even more insecure as they were invested in characters such as Doctor Strange and Spider-Man. A MCU movie can't go this low without some kind of hostility from the nerds. A solo MCU movie needs the support of nerds to make respectable numbers at the box office; this isn't getting their support, as presales indicate. The first one was average for most people, but the marvels look much better than that. I've seen a clip of the movie today, and it was very good.

Or maybe people just aren't interested.

You can't just put failure of movies on angry online mobs, either to blame them or angry online mobs taking credit for some movies failing.

Why can't it just be result of recent bad track record, lack of interest, not much popular characters and unexciting product. Let's hold makers and the product itself accountable for a change.

Amgry online nerds can blabber on internet and make you tube videos, but eventually a movie live or die by the general audience.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Willowra said:

Hate is definitely affecting the Marvels. They showed in her first movie and then Endgame that she is stronger than Hulk or Thor, and that made her unlikeable to those insecure nerds who were invested in Thor and Hulk at that time. Plus, Feige said she would lead the MCU, and that made them even more insecure as they were invested in characters such as Doctor Strange and Spider-Man. A MCU movie can't go this low without some kind of hostility from the nerds. A solo MCU movie needs the support of nerds to make respectable numbers at the box office; this isn't getting their support, as presales indicate. The first one was average for most people, but the marvels look much better than that. I've seen a clip of the movie today, and it was very good.

I think its more Thor literally went through a long journey of struggle and loss to become so strong, while captain Marvel can just punch through everything.

I dont think its hate, it just boring lol 

Like legit i would have been really upset if Captin Marvel beat Thanos and not Iron Man. 

Nothing about a women, had the same reaction if it was hawkeye or ant man lol 

I think what makes Iron man and Thor so likeable as they are quite vulnerable and face

so much loss. 

Iron man had since Avengers 1 this set up that to be a hero he has to put his selfishness aside and in Avengers 2 he had that vision and in Infinity War he felt guilty for everything that happened as his plan failed.

So when Iron Man beat Thanos, if felt realy epic and a full circle.

Edited by Torontofan

4 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

I think its more Thor literally went through a long journey of struggle and loss to become so strong, while captain Marvel can just punch through everything.

I dont think its hate, it just boring lol 

Thor was always strong from the beginning & so the Hulk. This is just another excuse for disliking Captain Marvel. What mistake(in the eyes of those nerds) they did that they showed her more stronger than Hulk & Thor.

Edited by Willowra

25 minutes ago, Willowra said:

That has nothing to do with being incel nerd.

Its just boring lol.

Superman literally had the same criticism in the Justice league movie.

“What is the point of the Justice League if Superman can beat all of them by himself?”

Edited by Valencia
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

You can't just put failure of movies on angry online mobs, either to blame them or angry online mobs taking credit for some movies failing.

Why can't it just be result of recent bad track record, lack of interest, not much popular characters and unexciting product. Let's hold makers and the product itself accountable for a change.

Amgry online nerds can blabber on internet and make you tube videos, but eventually a movie live or die by the general audience.

Yeah this is the truth right here. If the youtuber man babies were so powerful, we wouldn't be looking at Barbie as the biggest film of the year. I'm sure it doesn't help a film any but I really don't think it's a huge part of what's going on here with this film. 

7 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

They aren't just angry online mobs, they are nerds who were supporting & watching every mcu movie & specifically boycotting this movie. MCU is different, general audiences is key for the success of big event movies like Avengers but for regular solo MCU movies support from nerds is must.

Just now, ZeroHour said:

Yeah this is the truth right here. If the youtuber man babies were so powerful, we wouldn't be looking at Barbie as the biggest film of the year. I'm sure it doesn't help a film any but I really don't think it's a huge part of what's going on here with this film. 

Barbie can't be compared to a regular solo mcu movie. How much Ant-Man quantunmania would have grossed without nerds support?

2 minutes ago, ZeroHour said:

i think such online pushback is on male dominated franchies. Barbie is a female dominated movie and female youtubers didnt go against it. 

The pushback to the Star War films recently was very mainstream as Star Wars is very male dominated. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Willowra said:

Thor was always strong from the beginning & so the Hulk. This is just another excuse for disliking Captain Marvel. What mistake(in the eyes of those nerds) they did that they showed her more stronger than Hulk & Thor.

Thor got humbled by the ice giants and his father took away all his powers lol

Hulk was very powerful but it was at great personal cost to Dr. Banner 

Edited by Torontofan

I do think the toxic elements of the Internet did not help. I don't think they're the sole reason, but when every other comment is about how Brie Larson is a feminazi it will poison the well a bit.

I do feel we need to wait for the movie to actually, you know, release before we do any sort of the post mortem

• Like 2