baumer

Tuesday Numbers (THG 10.2)

Great numbers continue for THG. It will likely finish in the 350-400M range. Overseas I don't think it will be as popular, but we'll see. It doesn't seem to have big overseas appeal.

We'll see how it holds on the weekend with the loss of IMAX.

Also to those people that say this cannot be compared to New Moon and Breaking Dawn Part 1 due to their release right before Thanksgiving, THG right now is not completely in a non-holiday situation. March break happens at different times all over North America, starting in March and going all the way into April. March break for some people in the US was a week before THG opened, for some it's this week, and for some it's next week or the week after. Those of you who are amazed by THG weekday numbers so far, keep in mind that March break in some parts of the US is helping the weekday numbers in this situation.

Edited by ACCA

Great numbers continue for THG. It will likely finish in the 350-400M range. Overseas I don't think it will be as popular, but we'll see. It doesn't seem to have big overseas appeal.

I think it was more a case of a lack of awareness (very low marketing budget) and book popularity overseas. I think the OS numbers would have been huge had the film been released a few weeks after the US release.

If the word of mouth is there, than it should do good overseas. As you mention, I think it's more to do with the fact that the book is not as popular overseas. Contary to the idea that some people have of this being an "original" film, this always had a HUGE fanbase due to the books.