Knights of Ren

The Acolyte: High Republic SW Disney+ Show, June 4th

23 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

Or yet another Mandalorian project or spin-off?

Funnily enough I don't think that's really the case even if it was clearly intended. You have Mando S1 -> S2 -> Spinoff in Lieu of S3 (Book of Boba) -> S3 -> Movie in lieu of season 4.

Rangers of the New Republic (obvious spinoff) canned alongside one/two AAA video games that likely felt like spiritual spinoffs of Mando really means that we didn't get inundated with "Mando" content versus basically one long running TV show. Hard to know how skeleton crew will read.

Ahsoka being "Rebels: live action" makes the comparison murkier especially as they leaned into that + jedi instead of the Mando-world.

Edited by PlatnumRoyce
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Youngstar said:

Yeah, have to admit that "a new digital-only record" is a bit too weasely/press-release-y for me.

Still, positive press is positive press so I can't say I care.  Plus I also have to admit I kinda like the fact that LFL is stepping up their PR game a bit, as it shows commitment to the show rather than just being somewhat passive.

To put it another way, I respect the fact that they're even playing the game, even as I somewhat archly note the wording.

• Like 3

Google Translate translation: 

Experience this #Maythe4thBeWithYou like never before on Cinemex's Thunder Stage with #TheAcolyte , the next big Star Wars project. A galaxy far, far away joins the #CCXPVerse for a day full of surprises for all force users. This May 4th be part of #CCXPMexico

Hopefully we'll get some good food out of this, and perhaps even a final trailer.

• Heart 1