Knights of Ren

The Acolyte: High Republic SW Disney+ Show, June 4th

God I can't wait for this show. I'm huge into the High Republic stuff to begin with - some of the best of modern Star Wars is there - and the production team, cast, and premise are really strong. Honestly outside of the Mandoverse stuff (which I'm mostly eh on) live action TV Star Wars has been of high quality stuff and I'm thinking this continues that trend.

• Like 2

ibxfzcve84pc1.jpeg

Trailer incoming according to a buncha sources.  Likely tomorrow, knowing LFL's patterns officially.

Series debuting June 4th, according to the poster.

ETA: Series synopsis:

In The Acolyte, an investigation into a shocking crime spree pits a respected Jedi Master (Lee Jung-jae) against a dangerous warrior from his past (Amandla Stenberg). As more clues emerge, they travel down a dark path where sinister forces reveal all is not what it seems….

The series stars Amandla Stenberg, Lee Jung-jae, Manny Jacinto, Dafne Keen, Charlie Barnett, Jodie Turner-Smith, Rebecca Henderson, Dean-Charles Chapman, Joonas Suotamo, and Carrie-Anne Moss.

LFG!

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2
  • Heart 1
  • Astonished 1

That is one fucking fantastic poster, BTW.

(also, as an aside, an official L-O-L to all the Fandom Menace losers/YT grifters who kept trying to claim this series was gonna get Zaslav'ed and never see the light of day)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Porthos said:

ibxfzcve84pc1.jpeg

Trailer incoming according to a buncha sources.  Likely tomorrow, knowing LFL's patterns officially.

Series debuting June 4th, according to the poster.

ETA: Series synopsis:

LFG!

Been a while since I’ve been here, but just chiming in to say that poster is awesome. 

About a week ago they showed some footage for this in Korea mainly focusing on Lee Jung-jae as a Jedi and from what I have heard second hand it was pretty awesome, I expect that will probably be part of whatever trailer/teaser they show off soon. 

• Like 1

Def a teaser trailer.  A good one, nonetheless, especially when it comes to setting tone and mood.  V light on plot, however, which is why I can see some being a bit more reserved about it.

But when it comes to selling what the series about?  Does its job, especially when it comes to planting seeds/laying out breadcrums.

Besides, Moar Trinity Carrie Anne Moss Being Awesome is always welcome! 👍

• Like 3

I sure it'll be fine but when everyone is a Jedi and everyone has a lightsaber it makes the universe feel boring.  The poster was dark and gritty but the trailer wasn't.

1 minute ago, JimmyB said:

I sure it'll be fine but when everyone is a Jedi and everyone has a lightsaber it makes the universe feel boring.  The poster was dark and gritty but the trailer wasn't.

That's... literally the point of setting the show in the High Republic period (100 years before Phantom Menace)

It's the Jedi at the height of their power. And the story follows them. Of course there will be Jedi? 

I swear there's no pleasing some people. Put more Jedi! Put less Jedi! wtf

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JimmyB said:

We haven't had something like this since the Prequel movies. The entire point of the high Republic is that the Jedi are the height of their power.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

I swear there's no pleasing some people. Put more Jedi! Put less Jedi! wtf

It's almost as if SW has a "Broken Base" of fans, to use the TV Tropes terminology. 😛 

(the real "problem" is that SW has such a large fanbase/casually interested group of folks is that it is literally impossible to appeal to everyone, all the time)

((exasperated by the fact that OG SW is a mishmash of VERY different genres and cultural influences))

(((Further exasperated by the, shall we say, different tones/styles of stories of the various films and series over the last 45+ years)))

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 3