cax16

Captain America: Brave New World | February 14, 2025 | Harrison Ford is General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross

3 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I got a feeling you don't actually have a source for this claim, much like your claim that there have been secret reshoots 

all Disney films have had gigantic budgets, why would it change with this one?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Eric S'ennui said:

Moderation

Guys, this "reshoots" discourse has been debunked. It's three weeks and nothing else

That's just not true. (1) the trade articles about filming in Atlanta don't actually say there are no other reshoots and (2) The film is officially listed in the a document about films/tv shows shooting in Hungary (production registration number NFGY/4652/2024 - VR Films Kft.). It's possible that these reshoots fell through for whatever reason but that's not a rumor created by some bozo on the internet, it reflects a legal document filed by Disney.

I don't know about the very strong claims made by leakers online but no one's actually stood up and said "it's three weeks in Atlanta and nothing else," it's just implied (unless I've missed something). 

Edited by PlatnumRoyce

2 minutes ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

That's just not true. (1) the trade articles about filming in Atlanta don't actually say there are no other reshoots and (2) The film is officially listed in the a document about films/tv shows shooting in Hungary (production registration number NFGY/4652/2024 - VR Films Kft.). It's possible that these reshoots fell through for whatever reason but that's not a rumor created by some bozo on the internet, it reflects a legal document filed by Disney.

I don't know about the very strong claims made by leakers online but no one's actually stood up and said "it's three weeks in Atlanta and nothing else," it's just implied (unless I've missed something). 

Well either way, this "reshoots" discourse is old, tired, unnecessary, and everybody on all sides should quit arguing about it. I hope folks here learn their lesson and realize they don't need to regurgitate the same arguments over and over and over and over and over again.

Hint hint to said parties. You know who you are.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Cap 4 is a Cap movie without Steve Rogers, following a crappy streaming show, will likely have a gigantic budget, and we have seen recently Marvel is not infallible at the box office

right now Cap 4 is understandably being seen as a potential flop 

You guys in the USA really don't like that show, huh? Here people don't seems to like the season finale but still found the show very good overall.

Anyways, via THR:

Despite reports of multiple reshoots on the movie, so far this is the only one. It does not appear to be as extensive as the reshoots that faced Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, which lasted six weeks, nor the expensive and extensive reshoots endured by The Marvels. In fact, one insider says Brave New World will cost significantly less than The Marvels overall.

We'll see how much less this can cost.

Edited by Durden

34 minutes ago, Eric S'ennui said:

silly kids movie

I feel attacked

Btw, was Wayatt Russel's John Walker the best part of F&WS or is it just me being silly?

I hope they don't ruin him in Thunderbolts.

Edited by cinema pal

2 hours ago, fmpro said:

When did it start?

At the end of May 

Also apparently the Russos will get credits on this, though my assumption is it's because of their work on the last two Cap movies, like how Kinberg is gonna be credited on Deadpool 3 or Favreau on the Avengers films

• Like 2

On 6/12/2024 at 10:10 AM, PlatnumRoyce said:

e.g. Hungary's most recent tax credit update reveals BNW was approved for Hungarian tax credits based on a of $5M USD in Hungary starting in October/November 2023 (though the "end of production" date extends through Q1 2023). I think the simplest answer is that these are, in fact, "secret reshoots" even if they're not the alleged 100M budget buster reshoots that may or may not exist. 

Edited by PlatnumRoyce
removed quoting someone else because it came off as more pointed than I intended

35 minutes ago, YM! said:

On one hand, it’s WorldofReel. On the other hand, yikes if true. Don’t think it’ll be that big but can see upper 200s.

I agree about WoR caveats but I looked at original source and to clarify: claim is the initial budget was $275M and their source seems to be eyeballing the reshoots at 75M-100M given the alleged scale.

Edited by PlatnumRoyce

10 minutes ago, cinema pal said:

What about Hollywood Reporter saying this:

"In fact, one insider says Brave New World will cost significantly less than The Marvels overall"

?

Maybe the Insider is just pushing the studio line.

But no debate this has gone way over budget.

And I submit in the changed box office climate post streaming, thise huge oveeruns are simply not sustanbal ein the long run. SOme studio is going to wreck itslef with overspending..might have already ahppened with Paramount.

8 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

World of Reel is not reliable for exclusive information. They make shit up for clicks constantly, the rest they literally just copy and paste from other outlets. There is absolutely no way this costs more than the Avengers films.

Yeah, WoR isn't a good scooper. However, to be pendantic (and justify spending too much time on this stuff) - Endgame/Infinity War spent a combined 1.0075 billion pounds (though that includes IW participations) [IIRC that's pre tax credit but I'm not sure] so no matter what it's nowhere near as expensive as the most recent avengers films.

the marvels anecdote

The marvels was very expensive! That anecdote is inconsistent with WoR's recent claims but it's perfectly consistent with both small or large reshoots ordered for BNW as long as you assume Cap: Spinoff didn't have a top tier budget from the start. 

Edited by PlatnumRoyce