cax16

Captain America: Brave New World | February 14, 2025 | Harrison Ford is General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross

3 hours ago, Napoleon said:

But was this the only round of reshoots? 

There were no other reshoots before the ones this last month. They've been rescheduled and kicked down the road a few times but the only actual reshoots are the ones this past month and, based on the first AD stuff, seem to be the only ones they're doing. And, like previous reports indicated, they seem to be mostly involving action sequences.

6 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

So question is if this gets a trailer with Deadpool or they wait for something PG-13 

The reshoots just wrapped, so I imagine they'll wait until the new footage has been properly edited into the movie before starting off the marketing. We'll most likely get our first look at D23.

9 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

The reshoots just wrapped, so I imagine they'll wait until the new footage has been properly edited into the movie before starting off the marketing. We'll most likely get our first look at D23.

Well they had a trailer for Cinemacon so presumably they can just use that.

A trailer in July seems too early for a movie that will only open in February. At least by the marketing standards of Marvel. August (D23) is also early, but I think the trailer can benefit more by being the next Marvel movie after the goodwill from Deadpool & Wolverine.

16 hours ago, Durden said:

A trailer in July seems too early for a movie that will only open in February. At least by the marketing standards of Marvel. August (D23) is also early, but I think the trailer can benefit more by being the next Marvel movie after the goodwill from Deadpool & Wolverine.

I think it seems right on the money given they have a perfect opportunity with comic con. Mid August would be the 6 month mark from release, which is a typical first trailer release pattern for tentpoles movies, and id Comic Con wasn't a few weeks before that it would likely release them anyway. 

Though I suppose the same logic applies to releasing it several weeks after the 6 month mark at D23 so idk. The tiebreaker I guess is Deadpool & Wolverine - it's smart to get the trailer in front of that.

On 7/5/2024 at 10:10 AM, Durden said:

It's not too crazy, Black Panther 1 had one in June. I could definitely see it being public at SDCC, which is also Deadpools opening weekend, so it's not too impossible that they'd just release whatever they were gonna show there.

15 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

It's not too crazy, Black Panther 1 had one in June. I could definitely see it being public at SDCC, which is also Deadpools opening weekend, so it's not too impossible that they'd just release whatever they were gonna show there.

Yeah I could see them having the trailer be theatrically exclusive for that OW that they also show at Comic Con during the presentation and then put it online on Monday.