CJohn

Wednesday Numbers: Titanic 4.75 THG 4.6

I doubt there was much of a rush considering this is a wednesday in April. I don't even know why they opened it today honestly, Wednesday openings really only work in the summer or holiday seasons. Its weekend numbers should obliterate whatever it did today.

The Last Song also opened the Wednesday before Easter on March 31st 2 years ago. I think they're pretty comparable, both movies have a strong female skew, and a pre-set fanbase (Miley Fans for TLS and Titanic fans for Titanic 3D)

Boxoffice.com is still predicting a $35 million weekend...That sounds high but Titanic really is a weekend movie.$35 million would put the total over $40 million for 5 days and $100 million would be a strong probability.According to them, it's projected to be number one and beat out American Reunion and THG.

I'm hoping for a big Weekend jump too, I definitely want this to do well (heck, I started the Titanic 3D club) but that OD number is pretty disappointing to me. I think since a lot of places are off for the whole week the jumps probably won't be that big for the weekend.