CJohn

Wednesday Numbers: Titanic 4.75 THG 4.6

I don't have a problem with rereleases actually. It's the fact that it's in 3D. Like really? James Cameron annoys the crap out of me too. I also prefer rereleases over bad movies, but the 3D pisses me off. And I understand you can watch in 2D, but it's like never offered here.

I have to admit TPM 3D kind of pissed me off. The 3D in that one was entirely useless. I mean entirely. Conversely though I was pleasantly surprised with both TLK and BATB 3D, so I'm not always opposed to it if it's done well. And from the sounds of things it seems like it is here. I mean this is Cameron were talking about, he started the whole 3D craze. So it would look pretty awful back on him if he put out a crappy 3D film.

I have to admit TPM 3D kind of pissed me off. The 3D in that one was entirely useless. I mean entirely. Conversely though I was pleasantly surprised with both TLK and BATB 3D, so I'm not always opposed to it if it's done well. And from the sounds of things it seems like it is here. I mean this is Cameron were talking about, he started the whole 3D craze. So it would look pretty awful back on him if he put out a crappy 3D film.

I actually saw TPM 3D. I loved seeing it again on the big screen, but the 3D was okay. And I get that, but I find it stupid. Especially since it's 3D. Maybe it's because I hate James Cameron.

Yeah, pretty disappointing IMO, it will probably do less than 25m for the 5-day. Worst 3D re-release since Lion King exploded on to the scene.

Beauty and the Beast made 23 m for it's first 5 days, The Phantom Menace made 24 m.