Eric is Quiet

⊃∪∩⪽ Part II | March 1, 2024 | Reactions drop February 15, reviews February 21 | Zendaya for our next C-3P0

10 hours ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Chani in this movie definitely gets more to do compared with in the book where she's basically just an object for Paul to react to. I thought the two had good chemistry. Enough to get out the four quadrant? No idea but Chalamet is at the moment riding high because of Wonka and I think that might help out Dune Part 2's BO a bit. Especially if they market this and the critical reception right. 

Hide contents

Paul in the movie also uses her as a springboard for ideas and she reacts regarding her people getting enslaved to the prophecy. Creates this interesting dynamic that wasn't in the book. Also the movie shows her being a badass in her own right. 

the book showed she was a bdass in her own right too. She killed some Fremen who came to challenge Paul in a duel for leadership (it was offscreen but was debated in the book) and she was in the battle against Sardaukar and rode a sandworm like the rest of them. I'm glad they address the prophecy in the context of Fremen being enslaved to it cause the prophecy was planted not real which is the whole point. Sounds excellent.

Edited by Valonqar

Two singles available from the soundtrack:

And the OST tracklist:

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20240215811726/en/Dune-Part-Two-Original-Motion-Picture-Soundtrack-Music-by-Hans-Zimmer-Available-February-23rd

Tracklist

1. Beginnings Are Such Delicate Times
  2. Eclipse
  3. The Sietch
  4. Water of Life
  5. A Time of Quiet Between the Storms
  6. Harvester Attack
  7. Worm Ride
  8. Ornithopter Attack
  9. Each Man Is a Little War
  10. Harkonnen Arena
  11. Spice
  12. Seduction
  13. Never Lose Me
  14. Travel South
  15. Paul Drinks
  16. Resurrection
  17. Arrival
  18. Southern Messiah
  19. The Emperor
  20. Worm Army
  21. Gurney Battle
  22. You Fought Well
  23. Kiss the Ring
  24. Only I Will Remain

Edited by Merkel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Last Man Standing said:

This is more of a Dune poster for IMAX, which is a shame cause the IMAX poster for Part 1 is a classic.

Dolby and IMAX both do this nonsense. Even if they make a good one sheet, they let their branding dominate. Sometimes I feel like the whole print advertising side of the film business needs to get lasguned.

6 minutes ago, IchwanBigBrother said:

Out of London. So if they hold back the vast majority of snark we may have something confirmed again as special on our hands. Reviews on the 21st worldwide. 

I know for a fact critics were screened this yesterday.

17 minutes ago, IchwanBigBrother said:

Out of London. So if they hold back the vast majority of snark we may have something confirmed again as special on our hands. Reviews on the 21st worldwide. 

It's not only London iirc, they're just lifting the embargo after the London premiere. Which I mean, makes sense, seeing as they've already had screenings in Paris and Mexico as well - pretty safe bet critics have seen it already.