Box Office Hit

Challengers | April 26, 2024 | MGM | Zendaya | Luca Guadagnino to Direct

5 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Trailer is really well made but so were other trailers for this director's movies and yet his movies were a snore to me anyway. Maybe this is different. Looks fun, cast is great but I'm cautious because of the director. 

Yeah, I think bones & all was maybe the best edited trailer of last year and that movie wound up being just so emotionally empty for me. This doesn't look as self-serious, so maybe it'll work better for me (still need to see guadagnino's a bigger splash)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Zendaya. Her power. Spider-Man’s true box office secret.

I remember the director of Dune spoke about how pissed people were that they went to see Dune just to see Zendaya yet she only had less than 5 minutes of screen time lol so he had to promise she’d be featured in Dune 2 much longer before they signed in for the second film. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, babz06 said:

They have to actually buy a ticket though. Lol It does look fun but these types of films are big risks nowadays. 

Yeah but let’s not sleep on the power of Zendaya! She will get butts in seats especially since advanced screenings gave this good reviews

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2023/4/jdssgfkob98pa26p4ixrcc2kcfvafs

7 minutes ago, joselowe said:

Yeah but let’s not sleep on the power of Zendaya! She will get butts in seats especially since advanced screenings gave this good reviews

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2023/4/jdssgfkob98pa26p4ixrcc2kcfvafs

Im not disputing that she’s the top reason people are going to see this. Just that the type of film it is hasn’t performed well in theaters lately. I mean No Hard Feelings is only tracking for an opening in the teens despite having a likable star like Jlaw. It’s really tough to sell nowadays. I don’t think a September release is going to do significantly better. At best, maybe Don’t Worry Darling numbers. 

Edited by babz06