Box Office Hit

Challengers | April 26, 2024 | MGM | Zendaya | Luca Guadagnino to Direct

6 minutes ago, Fanboy said:

It'd probably be a good idea to delay this since this is the sort of the film that is going to generate buzz from cast interviews. I'm really looking forward to this but I also want it to do well. 

They did film interviews with Z/O'Connor/Faist a few weeks back most likely in preparation for a strike that would be released in September but apparently it's Guadagnino really pushing for this to be held until the SAG strike is over. Since directors and producers are the only ones actually engaged with Hollywood at the moment, I imagine they'll all be sitting down with the studios starting this week to discuss what they want to do with their fall movies (at least the non-IP-based ones like this).

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

They did film interviews with Z/O'Connor/Faist a few weeks back most likely in preparation for a strike that would be released in September but apparently it's Guadagnino really pushing for this to be held until the SAG strike is over. Since directors and producers are the only ones actually engaged with Hollywood at the moment, I imagine they'll all be sitting down with the studios starting this week to discuss what they want to do with their fall movies (at least the non-IP-based ones like this).

I think some will probably released as planned like A Haunting in Venice and The Equalizer 3, I'm not sure if Challengers would fare any better later in the calendar. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jonwo said:

I think some will probably released as planned like A Haunting in Venice and The Equalizer 3, I'm not sure if Challengers would fare any better later in the calendar. 

It's hidden behind a paywall but in the article it does say that Sony confirmed Equalizer 3 is coming out in September regardless of whether Denzel is able to promote it or not.

3 hours ago, grim22 said:

So the movie's actually about tennis? I thought it was just about young people having threesomes or something.

The movie has the title it does partly because the "minor league" of professional tennis is called the Challenger Tour.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl

9 minutes ago, Maggie said:

This will flop imo. In the end, Sydney Sweeney> Zendaya in the battle for the big screen success.

I don’t think Challengers going to be huge but I’m predicting it to land around the 30m range. Dune is also gonna be way bigger than Madame Web. 

Edited by babz06

21 hours ago, Maggie said:

This will flop imo. In the end, Sydney Sweeney> Zendaya in the battle for the big screen success.

Zendaya has 3 Spider-Man films and 2 Dune films. Plus she’s the lead in the show Sweeney is known for. Even if this doesn’t do as well as a holiday rom com she’s still well ahead of Sweeney at the moment.

But let’s not pit two women against each other.

• Like 2