Eric Wilson

Despicable Me 4 | July 3, 2024

2 hours ago, Insomnia said:

Took my sister's kids to see this. I was bored but they had a blast. I have this getting to around $310M domestic. Where do you guys think it lands worldwide? I'm having a tough time deciphering where it's headed overseas based on the gross so far. It seems like these movies are always so staggered in their rollout 

I saw this movie too. I just thought it was lowbrow bs. I don't see why it won't make in the same range as the other Minions/Despicable Me movies. I guess around $900m WW.

• Like 1

And another Mediocre at best Illumination film makes huge bucks.

I have stopped expecting Illumination films to ever really improve in quality because they have no reason to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, poweranimals said:

So I've never seen any of the Minions/Despicable Me franchise movies but I was invited to go see this movie tomorrow with family and am wondering if I'll be missing anything important going into it.

Not really. 

All you need to know is that the main character Gru is a former villian turned into secret agent working for the good guys. He adopted girls and got married. If you liked DM4 see the earlier movies.

Also these things are called the Minions and are suppose to be his sidekicks, but have taken over the ENTIRE franchise.

minions.gif

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, poweranimals said:

So I've never seen any of the Minions/Despicable Me franchise movies but I was invited to go see this movie tomorrow with family and am wondering if I'll be missing anything important going into it.

They are not great movies, but they are good party movies.  If you like spending time with your friends watching movies then go ahead.  I would go.

I feel safe saying everything important from the last few movies will be covered.  Illumination is great at doing that since they know people like you are part of their audience.  You could probably watch the whole franchise in reverse order, and everything would make sense.

• Like 1

Yeah these are the kind of movies you can understand and enjoy without any context. That being said, the other movies to provide relevant background so it's not a waste of time watching them all if that's what you want.