CJohn

Alien: Romulus | August 16, 2024 | Fede Alvarez | See the original Alien in theaters on April 26

17 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Especially Prometheus? Prometheus is 10 times better movie than Covenant across the board, only Fassbender is consistently great in both and the only saving grace of Covenant, everything else is a major downgrade from Prometheus, from visuals and actors to story and music.

Jason X is part of a different franchise, Alien is not Jason X.

Ah, I’m glad you brought up Jason X.

To me, Jason X is better than any Alien film since Aliens. And I’m being genuine lol. 

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Ah, I’m glad you brought up Jason X.

To me, Jason X is better than any Alien film since Aliens. And I’m being genuine lol. 

Damn, I don't know what to say to this) But wasn't Alien: Resurrection more of a competent version of Jason X? Gory trashy B-movie fun, but with Jean Pierre Janet's unique style and big budget for its time.

Edited by Firepower

1 hour ago, Firepower said:

Damn, I don't know what to say to this) But wasn't Alien: Resurrection more of a competent version of Jason X? Gory trashy B-movie fun, but with Jean Pierre Janet's unique style and big budget for its time.

I’d say it was missing the camp element that makes Jason X so fun. 

16 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I’d say it was missing the camp element that makes Jason X so fun. 

But wasn't Resurrection pretty campy? I'd say it's the least serious Alien film in the franchise, they were going for a horror comedy.

44 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

@Firepower He just meant he wanted people who had also seen the earlier movies, that's all.

I think it's really dumb to hire actors based on if they've seen every single Alien movie, from what I gather at least half of the cast probably lied to him anyway to get a job because this Archie guy said he watched Resurrection as his homework (meaning he watched it after he got the role) and some other nobody just sits there in complete silence with the look on his face like he has no idea what they are even talking about and repeats what others said.

Edited by Firepower

On 7/27/2024 at 1:12 PM, Firepower said:

Especially Prometheus? Prometheus is 10 times better movie than Covenant across the board, only Fassbender is consistently great in both and the only saving grace of Covenant, everything else is a major downgrade from Prometheus, from visuals and actors to story and music.

Jason X is part of a different franchise, Alien is not Jason X.

Neither Prometheus and Covenent is very good, though.

Prometheus is good the first two thirds then blows it in the ninth.

COvenent was just plain bad.

But I have to agree with a previous poster" Get back to the roots. Ugly dangerous creature rampaging on a spaceship.