Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

ah I wasnt talking abt BO disapointments but films I was excited to see & faled

to me MoS was beyond boring but I see a lot of MOS fans in comment seactions of movie articles (like FX Oscar shortlist annouced & MOS was not there) so I assume fanboys loved it well enough

It's not a film for GA imo

in terms of good appealing action movie Id mention Pacific Rim or Marvel movies that GA usually eat up

yeah thx Juni for the top

Hopefully DOS can beat Stalingrad 

I'm not a Superman fanboy, I like the character because I saw it in TV shows like Lois & Clark or Smallville and I found them pleasant.

And I don't see how it's not for the great audience, much action, great songs.

And I really don't know how you can be bored with that, it's so visually impressive and dynamic :lol:  :wub:

But I guess it's the girl in you, we probably don't have the same vision of what's "boring" and "entertaining" :P

I'm not a Superman fanboy, I like the character because I saw it in TV shows like Lois & Clark or Smallville and I found them pleasant.

And I don't see how it's not for the great audience, much action, great songs.

And I really don't know how you can be bored with that, it's so visually impressive and dynamic :lol:  :wub:

But I guess it's the girl in you, we probably don't have the same vision of what's "boring" and "entertaining" :P

well ofc everything is subjective

as I said there ARE fans of MoS here (yeah they are mostly men/boys I guess)

+ Talon mentioned earlier that maybe the distributor is @ fault too that it underperformed here 

maybe he's right

But Imo even with the best distributor MoS wouldnt have been popular here among GA. No fun factor like TA & other Marvel movies (not to mention Cavill is bland)

Edited by Leyla

well ofc everything is subjective

as I said there ARE fans of MoS here (yeah they are mostly men/boys I guess)

+ Talon mentioned earlier that maybe the distributor is @ fault too that it underperformed here 

maybe he's right

But Imo even with the best distributor MoS wouldnt have been popular here among GA. No fun factor like TA & other Marvel movies (not to mention Cavill is bland)

Superman is not exactly a fun-based comic, far from it.

And jokes completely destroyed Iron Man 3 for a lot of fans...Why do you want jokes and funny things in every movie? Can't some people be entertained in other ways?

MoS didn't need this, the fights were absolutely delicious and entertaining :)

Superman is not exactly a fun-based comic, far from it.

And jokes completely destroyed Iron Man 3 for a lot of fans...Why do you want jokes and funny things in every movie? Can't some people be entertained in other ways?

MoS didn't need this, the fights were absolutely delicious and entertaining :)

Ppl like fun here I guess. repetitive fights cant hold interest for long imo no matter how good they're filmed

even if we take out that The factor of RDJ cant be ignored He's a draw for ppl - no one from MoS is

+TA effect

maybe Bat+Supes will be more popular (Cant say for sure b/c Affleck is bland too imo +team up movie is already done so no novelty)

again i cant say for the whole GA its just my perception from what I saw from ppl online/heard irl 

Got my IMAX DOS ticket  :wub: the middle was almost all booked

Edited by Leyla

Top 5 Anticipated Movies in Russia

By the anticipation rating:

1) Interstellar | 97% (35 792)

2) Transcendence | 97% (24 204)

3) American Hustle | 96% (20 197)

4) The Wolf of Wall Street | 96% (39 677)

5) The Grand Budapest Hotel | 96% (9 676)

http://www.kinopoisk.ru/comingsoon/

By the number of the votes:

1) The Avengers: Age of Ultron | 93% (63 335)

2) X-Men: Days of Future Past | 95% (55 341)

3) Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales | 91% (48 967)

4) The Hobbit: There and Back Again | 94% (47 813)

5) Noah | 96% (44 242)

http://www.kinopoisk.ru/comingsoon/sex/all/type/all/sort/votes/

• Like 2

Ppl like fun here I guess. repetitive fights cant hold interest for long imo no matter how good they're filmed

even if we take out that The factor of RDJ cant be ignored He's a draw for ppl - no one from MoS is

+TA effect

maybe Bat+Supes will be more popular (Cant say for sure b/c Affleck is bland too imo +team up movie is already done so no novelty)

again i cant say for the whole GA its just my perception from what I saw from ppl online/heard irl 

Got my IMAX DOS ticket  :wub: the middle was almost all booked

Of course Batman vs Superman will be more popular :P

Top 5 Anticipated Movies in Russia

By the anticipation rating:

1) Interstellar | 97% (35 792)

2) Transcendence | 97% (24 204)

3) American Hustle | 96% (20 197)

4) The Wolf of Wall Street | 96% (39 677)

5) The Grand Budapest Hotel | 96% (9 676)

http://www.kinopoisk.ru/comingsoon/

By the number of the votes:

1) The Avengers: Age of Ultron | 93% (63 335)

2) X-Men: Days of Future Past | 95% (55 341)

3) Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales | 91% (48 967)

4) The Hobbit: There and Back Again | 94% (47 813)

5) Noah | 96% (44 242)

http://www.kinopoisk.ru/comingsoon/sex/all/type/all/sort/votes/

Wow, that looks great for DOFP. Is the poll a good reflection of public interest?

Wow, that looks great for DOFP. Is the poll a good reflection of public interest?

Not amongst General Audience, cause GA don't register on these sites, but yeah, it reflects interest, all movies from the second section are likely to earn more than $20m, but anticipation itself is only a factor, of course, because GA(again) don't anticipate anything except few very big titles-franchises, it's just goes(after seeing commercial, knowing from friend etc.).

• Like 1

Leyla we're counting on you for TH2, you eed to watch it as much you can, buy the whole room :P

lmao I would! ;)

Srsly tho Im not gonna beat Shay @ that 

dont have that much time or money to go 10 or 15 times like he does

Imax has a freaking monster price for me

I'm curious about the movie Stalingrad and have been meaning to ask. What is it about and does it have english subtitles? There aren't a lot of english/american movies that delve into Russian history.  What I've seen I've only gathered from other movies like Dr. Zhivago, The Last Station, Enemy at the Gates.  

Edited by ECSTASY