Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

Wow. Russia really eats up family films!Also, fantastic opening for IM3! Hopefully $50m happens!

Monsters University will be the biggest animated movie of the year,without competition from Ice Age or Madagascar,it's a good thing for Pixar.The problem is the release date,at the same time than Man of Steel,they don't have the same targets but that will be a big fight,rare to see 2 blockbusters the same day.

Monsters University will be the biggest animated movie of the year,without competition from Ice Age or Madagascar,it's a good thing for Pixar.The problem is the release date,at the same time than Man of Steel,they don't have the same targets but that will be a big fight,rare to see 2 blockbusters the same day.

I don't think it will pass The Croods, and I could easily see it lose to some other animated film, Pixar films are never that big in Russia.

Edited by Tower

I don't think it will pass The Croods, and I could easily see it lose to some other animated film, Pixar films are never that big in Russia.

I see it behind The Croods too,but only because the simultaneous release of MoS. By the way you talk about Pixar as a curse..heroes weren't successful before but that changed since 2012.Pixar can work in Russia,just needs an appealing movie (MU fits) and a good release date (not good at all this time).

Tuesday came better than expected.  Just 7% drop. 53.6 mln RUB or 1.724 mln so far. Should add a million or so with 54.5-55 mln.

Monday gross I suppose now final. 59.1 mln RUB or 1.905 mln 

$26.95 mln 6 day gross. 

Should  definitely increase today and again tomorrow. 

• Like 1

I see it behind The Croods too,but only because the simultaneous release of MoS. By the way you talk about Pixar as a curse..heroes weren't successful before but that changed since 2012.Pixar can work in Russia,just needs an appealing movie (MU fits) and a good release date (not good at all this time).

I think being a sequel to a film Russians didn't see will hurt it, the same way it did with TS3, which made less than other Pixar films.

I think being a sequel to a film Russians didn't see will hurt it, the same way it did with TS3, which made less than other Pixar films.

it's a prequel,people won't need the previous movie to understand.And the market grew a lot since Toy Story 3.Brave grossed 16m,and it wasn't the most appealing Pixar movie,so MU can target 20m.

Tuesday came better than expected. Just 7% drop. 53.6 mln RUB or 1.724 mln so far. Should add a million or so with 54.5-55 mln. Monday gross I suppose now final. 59.1 mln RUB or 1.905 mln $26.95 mln 6 day gross. Should definitely increase today and again tomorrow.

do you think it can reach 40m by Sunday?

Tuesday came better than expected.  Just 7% drop. 53.6 mln RUB or 1.724 mln so far. Should add a million or so with 54.5-55 mln.

Monday gross I suppose now final. 59.1 mln RUB or 1.905 mln 

$26.95 mln 6 day gross. 

Should  definitely increase today and again tomorrow. 

Our own Ukranien Rth :wub:

• Like 1

it's a prequel,people won't need the previous movie to understand.And the market grew a lot since Toy Story 3.Brave grossed 16m,and it wasn't the most appealing Pixar movie,so MU can target 20m.

In that case, I agree with you about the gross, 20M sounds like reasonable target. My response was to you saying  that it will be the biggest animated film of the year, which 20M won't be good enough for, with the Croods already making 28M and I think others can also pass that number.

In that case, I agree with you about the gross, 20M sounds like reasonable target. My response was to you saying that it will be the biggest animated film of the year, which 20M won't be good enough for, with the Croods already making 28M and I think others can also pass that number.

I'm just annoyed by this shitty release date,it could pass The Croods without it,Man of Steel will take it many screens.

Nothing interesting this week. 

Pitch perfect (265 screens). It was supposed to be a straight-to-dvd release but someone changed his mind. Will obviously bomb here. 

Spring breakers (400 screens)

The Haunting in Connecticut 2 (500 screens)

De l'autre côté du périph (450 screens). French action comedy.

Huck Finn (300 screens). German family movie. 

Back to 1942 (150 screens). Chinese war drama. 

You & Me Forever (50 screens). Danish teens drama. 

Edited by juni78ukr

Nothing interesting this week. 

Pitch perfect (265 screens). It was supposed to be a straight-to-dvd release but someone changed his mind. Will obviously bomb here. 

Spring breakers (400 screens)

The Haunting in Connecticut 2 (500 screens)

De l'autre côté du périph (450 screens). French action comedy.

Huck Finn (300 screens). German family movie. 

Back to 1942 (150 screens). Chinese war drama. 

You & Me Forever (50 screens). Danish teens drama. 

So IM3 should dominate again? 40M+ by Sunday?

So IM3 should dominate again? 40M+ by Sunday?

Dominate, yes. Probably even top2 should be the same. Around 40-41mln seems right. Though Victory day on May 9 is not exactly the huge moviegoing day like March, 8 or May,1.