Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

Avatar did it with 5.8 multiplyer. For a summer release any multiplyer above 2.5 would be pretty good. 3 is like a miracle.For a movie above $100m normally you will need at least a $40m+ opening. The highest cumulative weekend so far was around $36m on Christmas holidays. Pirates of the Caribbean is the most popular franchise here and still made "only" $26.4 mln on 1716 screens. With totally empty market.

Yeah, I see...I shouldn't hope too much for this, maybe 2013 or 2014.A movie around $80m would be great already.

First Thursday estimates:1. Battleship 2,071,0002. 21 Jump Street 146,0003. Titatic 129,0004. American Reunion 109,0005. Les Infidleles 103,000

Nikke didn't smoke after all ;) Pretty good for Battleship :)Not a good start for Les Infidèles, not easy to compete with Battleship and Titanic.

Nikke didn't smoke after all ;) Pretty good for Battleship :)Not a good start for Les Infidèles, not easy to compete with Battleship and Titanic.

Actially I expected less for Les Infideles. Might gross around 600-650k on 300 screens for the weekend. Could be the best foreign market for it. Those numbers for Batteship obviously mean best start for non-sequel 2D movie. Around 11-12 mln for the weekend I suppose.

Actially I expected less for Les Infideles. Might gross around 600-650k on 300 screens for the weekend. Could be the best foreign market for it. Those numbers for Batteship obviously mean best start for non-sequel 2D movie. Around 11-12 mln for the weekend I suppose.

That means Battleship could easily beat The Hunger Games and Ghost Rider 2, I can see it 3rd, just behind John Carter and Wrath..But I don't see it above $20 million because The Avengers should hurt it.

That means Battleship could easily beat The Hunger Games and Ghost Rider 2, I can see it 3rd, just behind John Carter and Wrath..But I don't see it above $20 million because The Avengers should hurt it.

It still have 2 full weeks before The Avengers. 6 or 7 wide releases on next week will obviously hurt Battleship but not that much. Last year Fast Five pretty well survived till the end of May.

It still have 2 full weeks before The Avengers. 6 or 7 wide releases on next week will obviously hurt Battleship but not that much. Last year Fast Five pretty well survived till the end of May.

Maybe, but I can expect -50% on week 2, enough to be 1st again, but I expect -60% in week 3 for The Avengers.But again,$20m would be pretty good for a non-sequel in 2D.

20M is bad considering what the expectations were a couple of weeks ago.

What kind of expectations? Most of our Russian sites and my colleagues expected between 8 and 10 mln for the weekend. Average prediction was around $8.5 mln. It is no Transformers, Pirates, or Harry Potter. Just some American patriotic blockbuster based on Hasbro game. Probably no one here heard of it.

What kind of expectations? Most of our Russian sites and my colleagues expected between 8 and 10 mln for the weekend. Average prediction was around $8.5 mln. It is no Transformers, Pirates, or Harry Potter. Just some American patriotic blockbuster based on Hasbro game. Probably no one here heard of it.

And without 3D.

I distinctly remember some 30-40M total predicts.

And by the way, I see a flop for Intouchables in Russia next week..The poster is horrible and it is too downloaded there..

Right now it is number 6 in top 250 by grades on our most popular movie site. People love it but piracy is killing everything. And our distributor apparently has no idea what to do with this film. Russian people like action fantasy, animation, comedies... Still there is a hope.

Right now it is number 6 in top 250 by grades on our most popular movie site. People love it but piracy is killing everything. And our distributor apparently has no idea what to do with this film. Russian people like action fantasy, animation, comedies...Still there is a hope.

Not easy, with Battleship, Titanic 3D, and 1 week before The Avengers..It will drop quickly I think.We had a snapshot with Les Infidèles.

Top French movies in Russia in 2008-2012 (without minor hollywood or foreign coproduction)1. Asterix Aux Jeux Olympiques 223 mln RUB2. Colombiana 84 mln3. 22 Bullets 834. The Artist 77 mln5. Arthur And The Revenge Of Maltazard 65 mln6. Public Enemy №1 61 mln7. Banlieue 13 Ultimatum 51 mln8. Monster In Paris 50 mln9. Extrordinary Adventures Of Adel 47 mln10. Ca$h 46 mln11. Largo Winch 2 45 mln12. L'arnacoeur 41 mln13. Largo Winch 35 mln14. Public Enemy №1: The Legend 35 mln15. Arthur et la guerre des deux mondes 34 mln 16. La chance de ma vie 31 mln17. La véritable histoire du Chat Botté 29 mln18. 99 Francs 28 mln19. Derrière les murs 26 mln20. Sa Majeste Minor 26 mln21. Coco Avant Chanel 25 mln22. Le Mac 24 mln23. Taken 21 mln24. Forces spéciales 19 mln25. La Delicatessen 19 mln

Top French movies in Russia in 2008-2012 (without minor hollywood or foreign coproduction)1. Asterix Aux Jeux Olympiques 223 mln RUB2. Colombiana 84 mln3. 22 Bullets 834. The Artist 77 mln5. Arthur And The Revenge Of Maltazard 65 mln6. Public Enemy №1 61 mln7. Banlieue 13 Ultimatum 51 mln8. Monster In Paris 50 mln9. Extrordinary Adventures Of Adel 47 mln10. Ca$h 46 mln11. Largo Winch 2 45 mln12. L'arnacoeur 41 mln13. Largo Winch 35 mln14. Public Enemy №1: The Legend 35 mln15. Arthur et la guerre des deux mondes 34 mln16. La chance de ma vie 31 mln17. La véritable histoire du Chat Botté 29 mln18. 99 Francs 28 mln19. Derrière les murs 26 mln20. Sa Majeste Minor 26 mln21. Coco Avant Chanel 25 mln22. Le Mac 24 mln23. Taken 21 mln24. Forces spéciales 19 mln25. La Delicatessen 19 mln

Except Astérix 3 it's pretty weak..