Eric Prime

Cinemacon 2022 Discussion Thread

33 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

The whole event is to give you a slice to a big piece and leave you hungry for more.  It works wonderfully for them and you know you aren't getting the whole thing, so you are more than prepared for it.  

I get why they might do it, just not for me. It’s too big a piece lol. 

I love seeing all the artwork, posters, elevator posters, billboards etc from CinemaCon.

I really hope Nope isn’t too long. 

The Black Phone getting more great reviews. Not surprising after the reviews after it’s premiere at Fantastic Fest… 7 months ago. 

23 minutes ago, Eric is a furry said:

Oh...this is cool I guess

Bad bad bad bad idea.

Bhramastra has been a punchline in Bollywood for a long time. Been in production for the best part of a decade, the release date shifted like 4 times even before Covid and the first looks are not promising. The interest is more to see the real life couple on screen together than the movie itself.

This movie will either be the blockbuster to end all blockbusters, or it will be the biggest money loser in Bollywood history beating the hero's last big flop in Bombay Velvet which also had the same production company backing it.

This isn't a bet I would have taken, but hey it's not my money.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

He seems like a prick. I’ve also read that Olivia was a nightmare on set, her and Florence Pugh did nothing but argue the whole time and Olivia made them all sign NDA’s with 4 weeks of filming left. 

Edit: ha, there’s a video on this under that tweet 

Edited by Krissykins

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

He seems like a prick. I’ve also read that Olivia was a nightmare on set, her and Florence Pugh did nothing but argue the whole time and Olivia made them all sign NDA’s with 4 weeks of filming left. 

Reaching out at Cinemacon to serve her is crazy, but is she absconding or something? Normally public events are the last resort to serve someone if you can't reach them anywhere else.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Bad bad bad bad idea.

Bhramastra has been a punchline in Bollywood for a long time. Been in production for the best part of a decade, the release date shifted like 4 times even before Covid and the first looks are not promising. The interest is more to see the real life couple on screen together than the movie itself.

This movie will either be the blockbuster to end all blockbusters, or it will be the biggest money loser in Bollywood history beating the hero's last big flop in Bombay Velvet which also had the same production company backing it.

Oh…this is not cool I guess 

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Reaching out at Cinemacon to serve her is crazy, but is she absconding or something? Normally public events are the last resort to serve someone if you can't reach them anywhere else.

Oh I have absolutely no idea how the US system works. Here in Scotland someone would just come and kick your front door in 😂😂

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

It lost me when it saids "Florence Pugh basically directed the movie" because yeah, no way this happened

Edited by ThomasNicole

2 minutes ago, Eric is a furry said:

The only hope is that Ayan Mukherjee has given 2 hits so far with Ranbir Kapoor, however both those movies were about graduating from college with no plans for the future and then finding himself and coming of age with a little romantic side plot added in (both movies had romances which won't last beyond 6 months after the credits roll).

Seeing Ayan handle a superhero movie with VFX will be interesting. I'm just honestly surprised the movie is actually coming out. Filming took 5 years, will be interesting to see if the characters visibly age on screen.

14 minutes ago, Eric is a furry said:

Here's the original Bhramastra announcement tweet, from 8 years ago

Which is why most people genuinely didn't think we would live to see the day it actually comes out.

20 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Bad bad bad bad idea.

Sushant fans are gonna brigade hard against this. On the other hand given the current atmosphere in India, a religious mythology heavy movie like this is sure going to bring out all the right wing people out in droves (like kashmir files did).   For example just gotta look at the comments under the trailer

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Here's the original Bhramastra announcement tweet, from 8 years ago

Which is why most people genuinely didn't think we would live to see the day it actually comes out.

Is it fair to compare it to avatar 2 considering the delays

4 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Sushant fans are gonna brigade hard against this. On the other hand given the current atmosphere in India, a religious mythology heavy movie like this is sure going to bring out all the right wing people out in droves (like kashmir files did).   For example just gotta look at the comments under the trailer

My gut feel is that Shamshera does better for Ranbir compared to Bhramastra. Also Jayeshbhai Jordaar doesn't do that well for Ranveer, the concept seemed good but the trailer was just cold altogether. 

Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2 actually had a good trailer, think it can be big for Kartik Aryan.

The Khans will be interesting to track over the next year with Laal Singh Chaddha, Kick 2, Tiger 3, Pathan and Dunki.