Eric is Anxious

Elemental | Disney/Pixar | June 16, 2023 | What if elements have feelings?????? 😱😱😱😱 | Surprise sleeper hit with the biggest 2023 premiere on Disney+

Anything in between $400-500M would be a huge success given the state Disney is in right now. A solid OW is possible, but only with a major push in the marketing and strong word of mouth.

Half of it will depend on reviews and marketing, the other half will depend on luck.

• Like 1

Disney MUST make it clear this is only coming out exclusively in theaters, say ONLY IN THEATERS in all the trailers and online ads. Otherwise everyone will assume this is another Pixar movie coming out day 1 on D+, and most won't watch it in theaters.

Yeah, we are in this mess right now. Thanks Chapek. Iger has a lot of work to do to build up the Pixar brand again.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Disney MUST make it clear this is only coming out exclusively in theaters, say ONLY IN THEATERS in all the trailers and online ads. Otherwise everyone will assume this is another Pixar movie coming out day 1 on D+, and most won't watch it in theaters.

Yeah, we are in this mess right now. Thanks Chapek. Iger has a lot of work to do to build up the Pixar brand again.

This.

With Guardians 3 in the rearview mirror, I think The Little Mermaid and Elemental will be the Disney's biggest priorities. And I expect the premiere at Cannes to be the start of their final marketing push.

• Like 2

Yeah, I would guess maybe $10 million in China since it's coming out same day as The Flash. Western animation usually doesn't play too well, especially original films. Even Mario barely crossed $20 million there despite being big almost everywhere else. 

Zootopia did do very well there, though the political landscape has definitely changed in a post-covid environment. In the right circumstances though I could see the immigration themes resonating, and perhaps in other East Asian countries as well.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Zootopia did do very well there, though the political landscape has definitely changed in a post-covid environment. In the right circumstances though I could see the immigration themes resonating, and perhaps in other East Asian countries as well.

And COCO as well. I hope the auds relate to the movies' themes the way they did with those aforementioned titles.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, AniNate said:

True, there is some precedent for this to break out there. Soul grossed almost $60 million in China despite having a pirated HD copy out Day 1 and releasing in the heart of the pandemic. Probably could have had a Coco/Zootopia-esque run otherwise.

• Like 1

Will there be any IMAX screenings of Elemental?

All other Pixar movies, even Luca and Turning Red have "Optimized for IMAX" in the credits.

It would make sense if this one had it too.

Even Moana had some IMAX screenings, if I remember.

11 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Will there be any IMAX screenings of Elemental?

All other Pixar movies, even Luca and Turning Red have "Optimized for IMAX" in the credits.

It would make sense if this one had it too.

Even Moana had some IMAX screenings, if I remember.

Might prove challenging with it coming out the same weekend as Flash.