Eric is Quiet

Elemental | Disney/Pixar | June 16, 2023 | What if elements have feelings?????? 😱😱😱😱 | Surprise sleeper hit with the biggest 2023 premiere on Disney+

Looks basic, animation aside (which is nice, not spectacular ( general design is what you except from any other studio and and the technique (lightning, textures, etc) feel like a slight downgrade))

the whole vibe reminded me of Robots and probably a million other things I can’t remember the name of off the of my head.

A very Pixary Pixar trailer, which is not a compliment.

I'll never understand the desire to conceal the narrative depth of their work as much as possible in their trailers. Throwing a bunch of visual gags together just has a numbing effect. I can't imagine any adult skeptics will be convinced by this, and it's not nearly unique looking enough to stand out to kids among all the other animated fare this summer. I want to hope this is shockingly good but man the marketing department is not doing it any favors. They could've at least thrown a Monsters and Men song in.

• Like 3

Among those we have seen the trailers of, this is the most visually beautiful computer animated movie this year. Dreamworks' entries this year look uninspired. I'm looking forward to seeing WISH from Disney and MIGRATION from Illumination.