Eric is Quiet

WEEKEND THREAD: No one went to the Danger Zone :( 145M JWD, 51.8M TGM, EEAAO reaches 61 DOM

2 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Franchise like this has has that critic proof element. Sure audience may agree they are dumb or kind of bad but they are damn enjoyable.

140m+ , 385-400m+ 

but the word boring was being thrown around quite a bit for this one

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

First act was, but 2nd half starts and refused to stop the action except few places here and there.  

Also Jeff Golfblum in his full entertaining glory.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

I was at a sold out IMAX showing this evening and the audience was very invested, cheering at certain parts and applauded at the end. Not sure how people found it boring to be honest.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

Bad wom---what now? Worst JP fil-- say what? Overblo--say what

On one hand, I’ve heard a lot of anecdotes of crowds loving JWD, but on the other the RT scores were making me believe this would be a B or B+, glad I was wrong.

on a side note, the JW trilogy now has a higher CinemaScore average than the Star Wars sequels. A, A-, A- vs A, A-, B+

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

it still has 6.0 on imdb , kind of weak for a finale though

IMDB isn't a sampling metric meant to limit confounding variables. Anyone can post there and there isn't any systemic method to who gets sampled to make sure there's equal distribution across demographics and regions

Edited by Alex SciChannel

1 minute ago, Alex SciChannel said:

IMDB isn't a sampling metric meant to limit conpounding variables. Anyone can post there and there isn't any systemic method to who gets sampled to make sure there's equal distribution.

its still a franchise, maybe not fanboy heavy , but i still expect inflated scores at start

5 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

I just checked on the sub and they're already pulling excuses out of their asses. Like, "iT's a FlUkE oF gEnErAl AuDiEnCe SaMpLiNg!" And just getting triggered all around because they don't understand that dinos sell.

Dude, we get it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1