Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

3 hours ago, peludo said:

Thank you very much :) This gives a better sight of the real increase of the market.

If I remember well the market never declined in local currency since the beginning of the century.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pepsa said:

How about admission wise?

I posted this 3 pages ago, I'll put it again:

YEARLY ADMISSIONS IN BRAZIL

2001 : 75 million admissions

2002 : 91m

2003 : 105m

2004 : 117m

2005 : 94m

2006 : 90m

2007 : 89.3m

2008 : 89.1m

2009 : 113m

2010 : 135m

2011 : 142m

2012 : 149m

2013 : 151m

2014 : 157m

2015 : 171m

2016: 185m

2017: 183m

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

+0.9M IN 1 WEEK

It's clear that the end it's pretty much the end now for IW, with JW2 coming next week it will never reach $67m.

Still, best run EVER!

Wow that was a steep drop, didn't expect that. Well any great run, 70% more than the previous N1 is insane. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Wow that was a steep drop, didn't expect that. Well any great run, 70% more than the previous N1 is insane. 

Interesting fact : all the markets you see in that tweet are bigger than Brazil (for now) and Brazil is still the 4th biggest for IW, even with this ER!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Interesting fact : all the markets you see in that tweet are bigger than Brazil (for now) and Brazil is still the 4th biggest for IW, even with this ER!

Tbf to the massive preformance in India, that market might be bigger but not for hollywood movies. 

10 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Tbf to the massive preformance in India, that market might be bigger but not for hollywood movies. 

It's true that the Indian performance is particularly noticeable, if India could show numbers like this more often..

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Also the avg ticket price is quite low.  How many tickets did it sell in India?

Just compare Mexico to Brazil - 21m+ admissions vs 14m+ and  it will do $60m in Mexico (less than $3 avg per ticket) and about $66m in Brazil. 

Meanwhile in SK - 11m+ admissions - $93m.  ($8.3 avg)

China will hit around 62m admissions with $380m ($6+ avg)

Thinking about admissions ... considering how huge  AIW is in lower avg ticket markets the amount of people who watched AIW WW far surpasses TFA even if it falls short in $s

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 4

41 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Also the avg ticket price is quite low.  How many tickets did it sell in India?

Just compare Mexico to Brazil - 21m+ admissions vs 14m+ and  it will do $60m in Mexico (less than $3 avg per ticket) and about $66m in Brazil. 

Meanwhile in SK - 11m+ admissions - $93m.  ($8.3 avg)

China will hit around 62m admissions with $380m ($6+ avg)

Thinking about admissions ... considering how huge  AIW is in lower avg ticket markets the amount of people who watched AIW WW far surpasses TFA even if it falls short in $s

Yeah especially considering the fact, that TFA grossed 180M in the UK, 111M in Germany and 97M in Japan.

And estimates have admission counts at 16M, 9M (that is an actual number), 7.3M together that are 32.3M but $388M so with the same gross as China, just half the admissions.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

BRAZIL BOX OFFICE REVENUES

2006 : $351m

2007 : $360m

2008 : $369m

2009 : $490m

2010 : $637m

2011 : $727m

2012 : $732m

2013 : $795m

2014 : $830m

2015 : $500m

2016 : $784m

2017 : $844m

2017 was the highest level ever in USD but with the current exchange rate I'm not sure 2018 will increase in USD...in local currency it's pretty sure though.

Interesting! What happened in 2015?

18 minutes ago, Agafin said:

Will IW surpass Titanic (in $)? Brazil seems to be the only growing market where that movie is still #1.

No it won't, it would need another $9.7m after a $1m week. And ER is so bad.

5 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

It'll be a pretty calm weekend in Brazil once again, allowing IW, Deadpool 2 and Solo to gain some more additional $....or at least I'd like to say this but the World Cup is coming so..

Isn't JW2 opening this weekend? I really don't know, it's pretty confusing. The official posters and the TV comercials here in Brazil say it's opening on June 21, but there are already many theatres with tickets available for tomorrow, and in some other places (for example the theatre I usually go) you can only buy tickets for June 16 (saturday). I have no idea what's happening, and how the OW is going to be counted. 

Edited by Humbgul
typo

41 minutes ago, Humbgul said:

Isn't JW2 opening this weekend? I really don't know, it's pretty confusing. The official posters and the TV comercials here in Brazil say it's opening on June 21, but there are already many theatres with tickets available for tomorrow, and in some other places (for example the theatre I usually go) you can only buy tickets for June 16 (saturday). I have no idea what's happening, and how the OW is going to be counted. 

Well, I visited Adorocinema and they say June 21 so no reason to doubt...Maybe it ws delayed because opening the same week than the World Cup would take visibility from it?